2005 BMW X3 2.5i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Excellent
By Laurie Aulicino on 01/15/05 21:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Drives like a dream. The inside is a little small but sufficient for a family of 4.

Driving the Best
By BMW X3 on 01/15/05 07:11 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owner Mercedes M Class, and Porcshe 944 as well as first 64 Mustang...needing an SUV due to reisidng in the mountains...my wife and I drove 20 different vehicles, before selecting this one. The second to start to drive it, you are impressed with the tightness, it feels like you are driving a sports car. Plenty of pep, and over all enjoyable ride.

BMW X3
By Michael Moses on 01/08/05 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Not only is it a great looking vehicle, it performs like A BMW should. Acceleration, handling,comfort and braking are exactly like the whole line of BMW vehicles. After driving all the competitive SUV's, which were like a "Vanilla ice cream cone", the X3 was like a" deluxe bannana split".

Not good
By Crappy Bmw on 01/07/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Not a good experiance for what I paid for this crappy car. I think A hynduai santa fe has the same cheap looking interior of the the bmw x3. Plus a hynduai has a better warrenty

A bit pricy, but fun to drive.
By Ed on 01/06/05 04:19 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought I would purchase a BMW. While delivering some documents to the dealer, the owner of the dealership took me out for a test drive during a heavy downpour. The X3 handled like a champ! It performed like a sports car ... it feels like one.

Great little SUV
By BoiseBigKahuna on 01/05/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This ute is a blast to drive. It handles great and is pretty darn fast. The interior is surprisingly roomy and the back seat is comfy for 3 adults.

The Sport is the Best
By JimCinema on 01/02/05 15:07 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We went for the 3.0 sport and are very happy. We have heard complaints that the sport rides too stiff and bucks, all I can say is it the most fun I have ever had with an SUV. I have owned two Lexus RX 300's which honestly drive like a minivan compared to the X3. The X3 has a great sporty interior which in my book is of better quality and and design than the new Lexus RX 330 (which was the other car we were considering). With the deal we got from BMW we received much more car for our money than with a Lexus.

BMW X3
By Spo1343 on 12/29/04 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

At first I was skeptical to this SUV. With only 184bhp and a large body I was seriously considering a 325xi. However, the new body style, lower price and test drive of the X3 had me sold. It has a turnk the size of an X5 but drives like a 3 Series. The steering and suspension are tight but not harsh and if you really push it, the X3 hustles.

If you need or want AWD
By Andrew on 12/29/04 05:23 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Try to find a vehicle out there with AWD that has the utility of an SUV and the handling of a sports car. Unlike the 3 series, it actually has a back seat. And, it sits up just high enough to give you a commanding view of the road. You get BMW handling and quality in a perfect sized package.

A driver's small sport ute!
By Kevin on 12/28/04 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We just recently had a baby and had grown out of our 330i. After looking at the crossover market and driving a few (Infiniti FX, Lexus RX, etc.) the Beemer won hands down on driveability and function. The SUV drives just like our previous 3 series, but has some decent cargo space and all wheel. We have a larger SUV family truckster and vowed to never drive a mini-van. So now we have the best of both worlds with the X3. A little pricey, but worth it if you want nimble utility.