Used 2005 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

My X3
By Kenneth Lowrie

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I love SUV's. My earlier car was a Ford Explorer. This smaller vehicle is far superior for the city driving I do. I don't particularly like the fact that I have to use premium gasoline, but with the good fuel mileage I get it's really not that much more expensive to operate. It handles wonderfully and is fun to drive.

I have the 6 speed because I prefer stick shift. I find the manual transmissiont on this car to be one of the easiest to operate.

The brake pedal is too close to the accelerator and sometimes I can be stepping on the brake and it causes the engine to rev.

WOW
By Eric Morteson

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this car handles wonderfully. We had a huge snow storm, and we all felt safe in our X3.the interior of the car is very nice. We have owned Saabs,Hondas,Audis,and Mercedes, and we have never had a car this good.We will commit our car business now to BMW. Also the dealership was very nice to us, and gave us a great price on the car

I love the All Wheel Drive system,and the Panoramic roof.This car has great acceleration as well.

I think they could make the options on it should be a little cheaper, but it was still reasonable

First Impressions are lasting
By Bham

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded an 98 Infiniti I30 for the X3. Always driven sedans but the X3 sold me on its practicality, fun to drive factor, and design. Solid feeling, spacious, engine growls!, perfect height for my 5' wife. Expensive but worth it. Very impressed!

Solid feel, spacious efficient, easy to manuever, fun to drive!, sunroof, smooth engine, power seat flexible for tall drivers

Improve gas mileage, rear glass needs to open so you do not always have to use the hatch, include xenon with premium package, widen driver's foot area...tight for people with big feet

Super Mid Sized SUV
By DavidJ

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We traded a Mercedes ML 500 for an X3 3.0 a month ago and couldn't be happier with the change. The X3 handles fantastically and is a blast to drive. It has the tight finish quality that the American made Mercedes lacked and it carries as much cargo as the ML. Ours was delivered with a faulty navigation computer, but this is being fixed and it doesn't affect the operation of the car. Our only wish is that we bought the X3 sooner!

Handling, engine sound at start up, front seats

Air vents for rear seat passengers and better placed front cup holders.

Best Car
By John Jinglehammer

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Rode very well. Perfect amount of horsepower.

Panoramic roof, Xenon lights

Make one size bigger engine