Used 2005 BMW X3 3.0i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

The little SUV that does it all.
By Dr. Den

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great little all around fun drive. It can haul my wife two large dogs and me and still have room for garden plants. With the fold down back seats and an open sun roof my wife can visit most of the garage sales in our area without having to stop to unload.

Our X3 3.0L has all the pep I need, handles well and is easy to park.

BMW needs to offer seating with nicer leather.

Happy but Sore
By KEG

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this car for three months, and so far absolutely no complaints other than a very harsh ride with the sport package. Believe them when they say it is harsh!! This is not a problem at all on regular roads, but uneven pavement/ dirt roads/ speed bumps, etc are brutal. Good handling makes it worth the sacrifice, maybe. Navigation system is a fun feature, although inputting the destination is a little time-consuming. Some passengers have commented that it is difficult to get in and out, although I have had no problem. Very fun commuter vehicle overall, looks great, and has a nice cargo space as a bonus!

Excellent handling/ acceleration/ braking, as expected. Panorama sunroof is HUGE! Nice cargo space for a small SUV. Premium sound is great.

Ride is VERY stiff with sport package... also would prefer a more luxurious interior, although build quality is fine.

Beemer, but a step down?
By Jimmy James

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I also own a 745li. This is absolutely nothing like that, of course. If you are looking for a low priced, quality, but not to any extent luxurious suv, get the X3. It is tremendous in the snow and conditions like that. The navigation system is top notch. It is extremely easy to operate, and works to perfection. DO NOT GET LEATHERETTE SEATING, I have leather and that is not comfortable either.

Navigation system

Interior needs to be a smidge bigger.

A nice all-in-one package
By Robin B

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

She wanted the height and the all-wheel drive of an SUV and I wanted the fun and spirited drive of a convertible sports sedan. The BMW X3 exceeds all of those desires. The driving qualities are second only to that of the BMW and Audi sports sedans, far better than any of the other SUVs we tried. Plus, it has the added versatility of a deceivingly large cargo space and an excellent all-wheel drive system. To top it all off, the panoramic sunroof makes it feel like a convertible. You'd be hard pressed to find a more versitile vehicle. Having seen the 2004 and 2005 models, the issue of interior build quality appears to have been dealt with. The X3 provides good value.

Sports sedan like driving behaviour. Excellent braking abilities. Sporty performance. Breath-taking panoramic sunroof. Attractive packaging of the 3.0.

Dual-zone climate control. Chrome tipped exhaust should be standard on the 3.0 with the chrome finish. (Outside the US)

Bimmer
By Joel

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, owned 5 months now, typical bimmer quirks-power locks have acted up, passenger side rear view stopped working when putting car in reverse. And, of course, I could care less since this is the best performing car for it's size i have ever driven. I love it. Of course I want more power, but this puppy is ample for sure.

It's a Bimmer w/ big cargo, good mpg. I drive agressively and am almost getting 22 mpg with my manual. The manual tranny is like butter and feels like an extension of my body while driving. I love the firm bmw ride, whomever complains about that needs to buy a buick.

None. Seriously.