Used 2005 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Good Daily Driver
By Wayne Rice

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great all season driver's vehicle. It has good power and great safety. It's excellent even in moderately bad conditions. Overall quality has been excellfent. However,
Maintenance can become quite expensive as it ages.

Eleven years going strong
By TonyM

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchase this 2005 3.0 X3 brand new. Besides its normal wear and tear and routine maintenance it has be by far the best and most reliable car we have had.
We really got our monies worth, being with the military this car has been up and down the German Autobahn and cruising the Interstates in the southeast.

Worse Vehicle Ever!
By Carey Goin

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Rides rough, lots and lots of repairs. I have had the moon roof repaired 2 times over 9k, new brakes, lots of electronic problems, water pump, radiator, heck the whole car has had problems. I only have 100k miles on the car. It has cost me a fortune.

LOONG ROAD TEST! 181K
By cablack69@mac.com

2005 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have to say, I really love this vehicle. I have read many reviews about the poor quality, repair frequency and lack of comfort. I think if buyers are looking for the softer ride of a true luxury vehicle, buy a Range Rover. This little machine is still kicking butt at 181k! I have had the normal repair costs; tires, brakes, etc. The shocks and struts where changed at 175k. They were the originals! I think I have more than gotten my moneys worth. The only real complaint I have is the panoramic roof. It stopped working about 10k miles ago. I have a fix for it, just haven't done it yet. And the paint/stain on the interior. The thing is, I just drove a 2008 X5 and that problem still exists. I still gotta give my little 3.0, 6-spd manual, 181k mile Bimmer 9 outta 10. Handles like no other in rain/snow, darn good fuel economy for an all wheel drive (averages 23mpg) and with all those miles and the black obsidian paint, it's still a head turner.

Extremely poor reliability
By gf1234

2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has terrible reliability in 3 yrs I have spent nearly $10,000 in repairs.

- two A/C compressor hoses