2004 BMW X3 Consumer Review: Interesting package

2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

Interesting package
By Volkot on

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My X3 2.5 got all options but premium sound, 10-way seats and heated steering. After reading reviews, I was afraid of the build problems, but my car got almost none. Reflex LCD Nav unit and sunroof are great. Interior material quality is fine (same as Z4). Engine is ok for everyday drive, would feel better w/manual. So 3.0 is not really needed, unless you think you can race an SUV. I mostly miss alarm, premium sound and lumbar support. Also do not expect much in electronics dept, as Austria is far behind Japan for things like MP3 and bluetooth. Also, typical to BMW, most necessities (i.e. all-weather mats) are not standard.

Huge moonroof, bike rack. Handy for changing after outdoors or skiing because trunk floor is not too high and you can seat with both feet on the ground. So if I'd choose the ideal X3 config, it would be xenons, 6-speed, moonroof, 10-way leather seats, aluminum trim, NAV, PSS, bike rails

Rear seats neither recline nor fold flat. Only 2 permanently powered sockets. Interior bike system only takes medium bikes, prone to losing parts (nuts, washers), incompatible with mats. Limited storage in the front (what to do w/sunglasses?), FM stereo sucks (CD sound is fine), no MP3.