2004 BMW X3 Consumer Review: CA's X3

2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

CA's X3
By caskeez on

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is our daily driver. It's a pleasure to drive and ride in, very quiet, smooth riding, plenty of power, outstanding brakes. The handling is superb, for a "sport ute." I really like the styling both inside and outside. It is a perfect size for our needs. I ski 40 days a year and participate in recreation that requires significant gear another 100 days a year. I think 3 people with gear is the limit for this car. Next ski season, I'll have a roof rack for skis as I don't like skis inside the car. 3 pair is the limit for the "interior ski bag." The car pulls our folding trailer, 1,800 lbs, plus camping gear comfortably. Mileage drops to 18.6 from around 21 when towing the trailer.

Superb handling, quality of drive train, styling inside and out and satellite radio (an option).

The driver's position could be improved. My right leg tires on long trips, but that's what cruise control is for I guess.