Airbags Failed to Deploy in Rollover
By Jen36 on
2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Although very happy with my BMW Certified Used X3 the first year I have had it, when the time came for this vehicle to come through with safety features, it failed me. I just had an accident with my 2004 X3 yesterday in which there was a side impact followed by the vehicle rolling over to the left on the driver's side 3 times. None of my airbags ever deployed in the rollover. My head impacted the vehicle frame 3 times, when in fact in a rollover, my drivers side airbags should have deployed. I just had BMW replace my airbags 9 months ago due to a faulty indication light. The dealership is showing no interest in my complaint.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, a truly pleasurable driving experience....until the airbags failed to deploy.
Suggested Improvements
BMW never notified me of the 2004-2006 X3 recall due to faulty airbags that was released 3 weeks ago. I am extremely disappointed in a vehicle that was a great drive whose safety features failed me when I needed them the most. BMW & dealership need to take responsibility for their failure.