2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
An die Freude!
By Meefischli on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

When they say "Ultimate Driving Machine" they ain't just whistling "Beer Barrel Polka"! I was almost dissuaded from buying the X3 by a partially negative review. So glad I dismissed it. Took my new X3 from the showroom on an 800 + mile trek, loving every minute! The vehicle performed flawlessly. Stopped once for breakfast, a few times to gas up...I don't let it go below 1/2 a tank...a couple of stretch breaks. Arrived 12 hours later with my usually painful back feeling great. I expect the return trip to be every bit as enjoyable.

Buyer be careful
By Bobkd on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My loves her new car. We upraded to a VW from Hondas and now we were getting our first SUV the cute BMW X3. We test drove the 2.5 & 3.0 & did not notice a major difference. Both cars had an arm rest cruise etc, standard in all our other cars. We wanted a white car. We got a white car at what I thought was a hell of a deal.My wife drove her new car home.The next morning my daughter came to see the new car. Dad where is the arm rest, where is --- the list went on. I called the dealer said that what we got was not what we test drove. Basically was told you should of read the window sticker. Warning first time BMW buyers read the sticker, nothing is std on an X3

Great SUV
By italiafam on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I were looking around for a new suv for both of us. We test drove many SUVs. After driving the X3, we were sold. We purchased two X3's August 2004, one black and the other silver. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks, I was T- boned by a toyota on the passengers side.The other vehicle's whole front end was demolished. My X3 stood the test. I was protected by its well built solid body and I was not harmed.

Euro Delivery
By Skibuff on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered a 2005 and took delivery in Munich on 11 Oct. We spent a week driving through Germany on and off the Autobahns and what a Blast! I love the 6 speed and panoramic roof. Up and down through the Black Forest and along the Rhine for a truly fun time. The last instruction from the delivery center was to keep it under 100 mph and 4500 rpm which was a challenge but even at that, I averaged 20+ mpg. I can't wait for the car to make it from Munich back across the Atlantic. I need to some reprogramming of the automatic adjustments for the seat, mirrors, theft alarm, lights, etc. but that's secondary to the pure fun of driving this nice little piece of German engineering.

X3 3.0 the best
By krag on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

awsome ride! fast. responsive, excellent handling. good looks. more like a sports car than an SUV. BMW makes an excellent engine! highly reccomended. the price is right.

X3 Fun
By cindy fitzpatrick on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW has a real winner in the new X3. A slightly smaller version of the X5. Great gas mileage,plenty of cargo room,comfortable and all the luxury of a BMW expected.The cuurent warranty of 4 years 60,000 miles down to the tires is a real key in and drive no stress (free tow) if there is a problem BMW grand perk. The mileage counter onboard tells you when service is due based on your driving habits,counting down from 15,000 miles ! No more shop visits every 3-4000 miles ! The suspension is a bit stiffer than my last 328i but that is to be expected with this versatile SAV that is multi-functional with equal gas mileage.I will always own a BMW SAV in the future.

x3- good deal
By fross on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great value for anyone wanting higher ride than a sedan, a Euro import and fun car. Have had mine for a month and with the exception of a belt that needs to be tightened all is well (knock wood. Spend time with your salesman though... there are may variatons of the X3 and it wasn't until after delivery that I realized there were options I would have liked. On the other hand, do you need radio controls on the wheel, fog lights etc. I saved some $$$. Buy this car if you want this size suv... hands down it's best deal out there

Puts the "U" in SUV
By oldvanhalenrules on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Was looking for an AWD vehicle that had comfortable seats for long drives to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. Aggressive (high residual) factory financing from BMW lease promotion made this the logical choice over the 325xi sedan or wagon, or competitors' vehicles (yes, it's a minivan more than it is a sports car). Interior materials are better than what should be expected in a "utility" vehicle. Pretty quiet at highway speeds. Looking forward to testing in the snow this winter. My X3 replaced a Jeep Cherokee; I don't expect the X3 to go off-road. But with all maintenance covered for 4 years, I don't expect unforseen maintenance expenses, either.

Love my new X3 - 3.0
By Alansx3 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just picked up my X3 from Sonnen BMW. The car is perfect. It’s mystic blue, 3.0 automatic with navigation, xenon, park distance control, premium and sport packages, premium sound. Handles better than any other SUV I’ve tried and very similar to my 2001 330i. Really looking forward to taking it in the Tahoe snow this winter.

Love it so; But I wish..........
By supaman on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My girlfriend and I recentley purchased an 04 X3 2.5i Auto.. We have had so much fun in our X3 and we have only had it for a couple months. This vehicle can do anything you want, and then some! We love driving it, even rock, paper, scissoring to see who will drive. Overall we are in line with most reviews you will read. It's a great vehicle, but watch that bottom line. Although from most measurables the majority of X3's look and perform very similar or the same, the prices are very very different.