2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
BMW's Super SUV
By VitorJoao on 12/19/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I owened a BMW 325 ci before I got my X3. I never thought I would be getting into a SUV, at least not for a while. Although, this car is incredible. It does everything you ask it to do, and then some!! The handling on the car is superb! I would even say better than my previous sportpackage coupe. Also, another plus is it's enormous moonroof. A must have!!! The car is so great that my mom and sister had to get one.

Best of Both Worlds
By MikeX3 on 12/13/04 18:08 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is the best of both worlds, small and nimble and drives like a car, yet big enough to be practical and has one great all-wheel drive system. It is, by far, the best driving SUV I've ever driven. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Okke's review
By Okke on 12/08/04 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great lively car to drive. It has lots of features but that makes the car a bit too expensive. Car looks smaller than it actually is, which for some people may be a disadvantage. Very easy to drive and handles more like a sportscar than a SUV. BMW calls it a SAV for that reason I suppose.

BMW X3
By skakumu on 12/07/04 10:49 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Experiencing a BMW for the first time, I was impressed. The sound and feel of the engine, the firm handling, and general ambiance of the vehicle. Taking it out on the streets is a thrill, taking it out on the freeway is relaxing. Those who say the ride feels too "harsh," thats understandable seeing what the philosophy of BMW is, to provide firm handling, no matter what. In terms of versatility, it is perfect for a suburban setting; not too big and not too small. From a design point of view, the whole package is refreshing when many designs these days are "cookie-cutters" and do not have a design philosophy behind it. To sum up the BMW X3, simply great.

What happened to the "MDX"
By Young Banker on 12/04/04 21:19 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my heart set in the Acura MDX until I drove the BMW X3 3.0. The car is so much fun to drive and stands apart from the other automobiles on the road. With a powerful engine and great cornering ability it's hard for people to keep up with you. So far so good. I can't wait to drive on a long road trip!!

Bring on the winter!
By Mizz Daizy on 11/24/04 09:14 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Coming off a Z3, I expected to be disappointed with the SUV experience. I was wrong. The X3 is fun to drive and handles incredibly. The interior is luxurious (more so than the Z3) and the features and options are just pure BMW. No words can describe the panoramic moon roof! This truly is the ultimate driving machine. Bring on the winter!

From SAAB to X3
By KARL on 11/14/04 15:45 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Okay, it was time to dump my great 2000 SAAB 9/5 loaded wagon before the warranty ran out. I looked all summer at Jeep, Suburu and Mazda 6 deals and then saw the sign and drive ad for the X3. The dealership had a black on black "basic" X3 and with one test drive, I reached for my wallet. What a great vehicle. It handles like a sports car, gets great mileage and I don't miss the "loaded" features I was used to. The six speed is awesome and of course, the "six" has no turbo, thus no "lag". The only strange thing is not to have cruise control as standard equipment. My buddy says I'll be paying for that .....in fines. It is very smooth and quiet at high speeds.

love this SUV
By mfeder on 11/07/04 10:58 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned various Jeep Grand Cherokees, and the Lexus RX 300. By far, the BMW is the superior car. I have no idea what reviewers are talking about- we got ours for the low 30's, not the mid 40's, and love the vehicle. We specifically got it with just black interior- no silly wood, very teutonic, and love it. The ride is superb, stiff- not like a caddy, fortunately... It is undeniably the best SUV on the road for us. To test drive one is to love one.

A great car from BMW
By taztx968 on 11/06/04 11:11 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a great SUV for people that want the SUV flexibility but a car-like ride. The X3 is very roomy altough it does not look like a behemoth on the road (like the new SUVs from Nissan, Cadillac, etc.) The external style is very sport but elegant at the same time. Interior finish is high quality. The ride may feel a bt stiff on very bumpy roads, but when you ride on winding roads or on the highway you can really enjoy the sporty ride. BMW aced this car. I used to drive an X5 and, although the X5 is more luxurios, the X3 has nothing to envy at all to the X5 (interior room is better in the X3, in particular in the back seats.

An die Freude!
By Meefischli on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

When they say "Ultimate Driving Machine" they ain't just whistling "Beer Barrel Polka"! I was almost dissuaded from buying the X3 by a partially negative review. So glad I dismissed it. Took my new X3 from the showroom on an 800 + mile trek, loving every minute! The vehicle performed flawlessly. Stopped once for breakfast, a few times to gas up...I don't let it go below 1/2 a tank...a couple of stretch breaks. Arrived 12 hours later with my usually painful back feeling great. I expect the return trip to be every bit as enjoyable.