Used 2004 BMW X3 2.5i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Just Bought a Used 2004
By S Lanoue

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned the vehicle for 4 days and I'm quite attached already. The engine is powerful. One caution to first-time BMW drivers, the car uses premium gas. There are plenty of unique features that I'll be reading about for days and learning how to use (rain sensing windshield wipers, self-adjusting headlights, etc.). It does seem a bit utilitarian in the scarcity of luxury-type interior features (where's the built-in sunglass holder and coin rack?). Also, the ride is very springy/bouncy, not as smooth as I expected. Nonetheless, I am smitten at least with the novelty of it all.

Favorite Features

Radio shows the artist's name and song's title when it's playing (kinda cool if you've ever wondered the name of a song you didn't know). Also, the AC filter pulls excess dust/pollen from the car's interior. And, let's not forget the self-adjusting car headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a smoother, less bouncy ride.

BMW X3
By Riederer

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Nice SUV (SAV). If I were shopping for a vehical today I would buy it again. This is the first vehicle I have owned that I can say that about.

Favorite Features

The suspension has to be this truck's greatest feature.

Suggested Improvements

Everything I gripe about on my truck has been changed on the new trucks. Body color bumpers, stonger engine, three point steering wheel. Minor changes that add to the whole package experience.

Pleased
By Beamer

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is well built and lives up to a top quality vehicle for the open road or city life.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating and convenient instrumentation.

Suggested Improvements

Add an XM radio!

VERY HAPPY
By CAROL

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, very comfortable to drive and exciting. The sunroof is one of the best features. It's like having a convertible especially for the people in the back. Not as big as my previous SUV, but not as small as others. I would get another one in a heartbeat!!

Favorite Features

I like everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Wasted space where the ashtray is. Not enough console room. Location of the doorlocks in crazy! Very hard to reach especially if you are outside the car and need to unlock other doors. Maybe a man can reach in, but I am a short woman and I find it very difficult. Under seat storage would be nice.

no regrets
By bluecoyote

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

i've been driving it for 1 and 1/2, and like it so much will likely buy it when lease is up. had an initial problem right after delivery - rattling windows. Dealer took care of it, no problems since. I have the faux leather interior which is awesome for my big dogs. Wish the trunk was little roomier and wish they had offered satellite radio at the time of purchase, but otherwise, it's great. Good gas mileage too. Would recommend this to anyone thinking of a crossover vehicle.

Favorite Features

Moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly bigger cargo space. with netting standard to hold things in place. sat radio should be standard at this price.