2004 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
love this SUV
By mfeder on 11/07/04 10:58 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned various Jeep Grand Cherokees, and the Lexus RX 300. By far, the BMW is the superior car. I have no idea what reviewers are talking about- we got ours for the low 30's, not the mid 40's, and love the vehicle. We specifically got it with just black interior- no silly wood, very teutonic, and love it. The ride is superb, stiff- not like a caddy, fortunately... It is undeniably the best SUV on the road for us. To test drive one is to love one.

A great car from BMW
By taztx968 on 11/06/04 11:11 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a great SUV for people that want the SUV flexibility but a car-like ride. The X3 is very roomy altough it does not look like a behemoth on the road (like the new SUVs from Nissan, Cadillac, etc.) The external style is very sport but elegant at the same time. Interior finish is high quality. The ride may feel a bt stiff on very bumpy roads, but when you ride on winding roads or on the highway you can really enjoy the sporty ride. BMW aced this car. I used to drive an X5 and, although the X5 is more luxurios, the X3 has nothing to envy at all to the X5 (interior room is better in the X3, in particular in the back seats.

An die Freude!
By Meefischli on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

When they say "Ultimate Driving Machine" they ain't just whistling "Beer Barrel Polka"! I was almost dissuaded from buying the X3 by a partially negative review. So glad I dismissed it. Took my new X3 from the showroom on an 800 + mile trek, loving every minute! The vehicle performed flawlessly. Stopped once for breakfast, a few times to gas up...I don't let it go below 1/2 a tank...a couple of stretch breaks. Arrived 12 hours later with my usually painful back feeling great. I expect the return trip to be every bit as enjoyable.

Buyer be careful
By Bobkd on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My loves her new car. We upraded to a VW from Hondas and now we were getting our first SUV the cute BMW X3. We test drove the 2.5 & 3.0 & did not notice a major difference. Both cars had an arm rest cruise etc, standard in all our other cars. We wanted a white car. We got a white car at what I thought was a hell of a deal.My wife drove her new car home.The next morning my daughter came to see the new car. Dad where is the arm rest, where is --- the list went on. I called the dealer said that what we got was not what we test drove. Basically was told you should of read the window sticker. Warning first time BMW buyers read the sticker, nothing is std on an X3

Euro Delivery
By Skibuff on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered a 2005 and took delivery in Munich on 11 Oct. We spent a week driving through Germany on and off the Autobahns and what a Blast! I love the 6 speed and panoramic roof. Up and down through the Black Forest and along the Rhine for a truly fun time. The last instruction from the delivery center was to keep it under 100 mph and 4500 rpm which was a challenge but even at that, I averaged 20+ mpg. I can't wait for the car to make it from Munich back across the Atlantic. I need to some reprogramming of the automatic adjustments for the seat, mirrors, theft alarm, lights, etc. but that's secondary to the pure fun of driving this nice little piece of German engineering.

x3- good deal
By fross on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great value for anyone wanting higher ride than a sedan, a Euro import and fun car. Have had mine for a month and with the exception of a belt that needs to be tightened all is well (knock wood. Spend time with your salesman though... there are may variatons of the X3 and it wasn't until after delivery that I realized there were options I would have liked. On the other hand, do you need radio controls on the wheel, fog lights etc. I saved some $$$. Buy this car if you want this size suv... hands down it's best deal out there

Puts the "U" in SUV
By oldvanhalenrules on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Was looking for an AWD vehicle that had comfortable seats for long drives to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. Aggressive (high residual) factory financing from BMW lease promotion made this the logical choice over the 325xi sedan or wagon, or competitors' vehicles (yes, it's a minivan more than it is a sports car). Interior materials are better than what should be expected in a "utility" vehicle. Pretty quiet at highway speeds. Looking forward to testing in the snow this winter. My X3 replaced a Jeep Cherokee; I don't expect the X3 to go off-road. But with all maintenance covered for 4 years, I don't expect unforseen maintenance expenses, either.

Love it so; But I wish..........
By supaman on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My girlfriend and I recentley purchased an 04 X3 2.5i Auto.. We have had so much fun in our X3 and we have only had it for a couple months. This vehicle can do anything you want, and then some! We love driving it, even rock, paper, scissoring to see who will drive. Overall we are in line with most reviews you will read. It's a great vehicle, but watch that bottom line. Although from most measurables the majority of X3's look and perform very similar or the same, the prices are very very different.

This is an awesome car
By akgski on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am thrilled with this car. I purchased a 2.5 6speed manual which handles beautifully. There is plenty of power, and top notch performance. There is plenty of room for childrens car seats and the extras in back.

New Owner
By synclair on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

this is a fun vehicle that has a smooth ride. The interior is superub with an oustanding speaker system.