Used 2004 BMW X3 2.5i SUV Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

BMW X3 overview
By Ed Rohnk

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

It is very responsive to the movement of the controls. Acceleration is good. Holds the road well. It is a surpringly nimble car for its size. The breaking is excellent. The interior is spacious. Dash board and instrument readouts are easy to see. I like the orange lighting at night. The exterior sun roof design is beautiful. I enjoy just looking at it.

The double sun roof is fun. I also like the one button feature to lock/unlock all doors. I like the heated seats.

Better gas mileage without sacrificing power.

Got rid of it!
By Lisa

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I think I was just so excited to be able to say that I OWNED a "BMW" that I got too caught up in the name. I was so disappointed to find out that only weeks after I purchased the vehicle, it started rattling like a cage! It felt like it was falling apart. I expected alot more from a "BMW." I traded that sucker and am now the owner of a Lexus and I couldnt be happier!

Make it more solid and less cheap plastic.

40.000 mi X3
By Ken

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The longer we've owned this car, the better we like it. The biggest drawback is the protruding plastic bits under the doors, everytime you get out you get dirty. Floor doesn't quite fold flat, but close enough. We bought snow tires as we do a good deal of winter driving and that made a ton of difference. The clutch and brakes have remained good, transmission and engine strong. Ownership drawbacks - high priced gas and oil.

Reliability, ease of use.

More power, better tires, cleaner exterior styling.

Just Bought a Used 2004
By S Lanoue

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned the vehicle for 4 days and I'm quite attached already. The engine is powerful. One caution to first-time BMW drivers, the car uses premium gas. There are plenty of unique features that I'll be reading about for days and learning how to use (rain sensing windshield wipers, self-adjusting headlights, etc.). It does seem a bit utilitarian in the scarcity of luxury-type interior features (where's the built-in sunglass holder and coin rack?). Also, the ride is very springy/bouncy, not as smooth as I expected. Nonetheless, I am smitten at least with the novelty of it all.

Radio shows the artist's name and song's title when it's playing (kinda cool if you've ever wondered the name of a song you didn't know). Also, the AC filter pulls excess dust/pollen from the car's interior. And, let's not forget the self-adjusting car headlights.

Needs a smoother, less bouncy ride.

BMW X3
By Riederer

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Nice SUV (SAV). If I were shopping for a vehical today I would buy it again. This is the first vehicle I have owned that I can say that about.

The suspension has to be this truck's greatest feature.

Everything I gripe about on my truck has been changed on the new trucks. Body color bumpers, stonger engine, three point steering wheel. Minor changes that add to the whole package experience.