2004 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
I'd recommend it
By Tall Tex on 07/24/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's been over 2 years I've been hauling around in this baby SUV, and I'd say it's been a great car. The styling is excellent, the quality is there, and the XDrive feature has great in heavy rain and at the beach. It's small enough to park but the interior is surpisingly roomy (I'm 6'5" and fit just fine). It's the first car I've ever owned that the seats go back farther than I need them to.

BMW X3
By Riederer on 07/19/06 08:36 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Nice SUV (SAV). If I were shopping for a vehical today I would buy it again. This is the first vehicle I have owned that I can say that about.

Pleased
By Beamer on 07/10/06 03:08 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is well built and lives up to a top quality vehicle for the open road or city life.

04 X3
By gk on 06/26/06 22:59 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling, fun to drive. Excellent on curve-y PCH. Fuel economy is not the greatest but enjoy driving it so much that I don't mind filling up.

Beat Expectations
By markap on 06/03/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading the review of others which said the suspension and ride of this model year was not up to BMW standards - I was suprised. The car is about as smooth as can be. It is a pleasure to drive. I see no flaws.

Fun SUV
By Gary Gardner on 05/26/06 12:48 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my X3 the first day I saw it on the lot. I have owned SUVs for eight year and love the elevated feeling they provide but I wanted a 'classy high quality' vehicle. I've found the X3 to be all I've asked of it. My only 'complaint' is the overly stiff ride. I know this is not uncommon with BMWs. Overall it's great and fun to drive.

CA's X3
By caskeez on 05/10/06 06:51 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is our daily driver. It's a pleasure to drive and ride in, very quiet, smooth riding, plenty of power, outstanding brakes. The handling is superb, for a "sport ute." I really like the styling both inside and outside. It is a perfect size for our needs. I ski 40 days a year and participate in recreation that requires significant gear another 100 days a year. I think 3 people with gear is the limit for this car. Next ski season, I'll have a roof rack for skis as I don't like skis inside the car. 3 pair is the limit for the "interior ski bag." The car pulls our folding trailer, 1,800 lbs, plus camping gear comfortably. Mileage drops to 18.6 from around 21 when towing the trailer.

Love my X3
By DrJon65 on 03/26/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my BMW X3 3.0I for over a year and continue to love to drive it as I did when I first drove it off the lot. It is a "SAV" but performs like a sports sedan. The technology behind the ride quality, performance and safety is truly outstanding. I am very particular with my cars and I have found nothing wrong with the X3. In fact I keep finding out new things to love about it. The service I get at my BMW service center is the best I have ever gotten from any dealership. BMW knows how to design and build cars that are fun to own. This is truly one of them.

VERY HAPPY
By CAROL on 03/18/06 08:54 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, very comfortable to drive and exciting. The sunroof is one of the best features. It's like having a convertible especially for the people in the back. Not as big as my previous SUV, but not as small as others. I would get another one in a heartbeat!!

great road handler
By autofan on 01/16/06 23:54 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car, it accelerates quickly enough and it follows your intentions effortlessly and its overall dimensions are excellent, it is neither too small nor too big for driving around town or on the freeways. The roof skylight is just awesome because it lets lots of sun in. It is a pleasure to drive.