2004 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
E(X3)ITEMENT!!
By Mike on 10/20/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle. Build quality is superb and interior finishes are appropriate to the way the its used. Cargo space is fine for most trips to the home center or warehouse store. Long trips of 1,000 miles are comfortable and seating doesn't fatigue. The most noticeable feature is the X- drive. When in sand or loose gravel this vehicle is superb. We had a drag race with a Benz G-Wagen while in Mexico and left our 90 thousand dollar friend far behind.... Great vehicle.

Sexy X3
By Plummer on 09/15/05 16:37 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased for European Delivery - family of 5 and luggage. BMW discounts about $2500, buy it from your local dealer. Also save rental exp. I found this site looking for a chip I might add to improve gas mileage. I get a horrible 13.8MPG in the city driving softly. Other issues: 1) at 75 MPH a high pitched noise is induced. Got to drive faster or slower to avoid it. 2) The rear hatch often doesn't shut completely. Interior light remains on. Need to really slam it. 3) Order the back-up warning system because the rear window is so high you can't see the hood of the car your backing into. 4) Stearing wheel blocks the speedometer. Regardless great car. Hope MPG can be fixed.

perfect combination
By Pat on 08/10/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Porsche, several SUVs,, Chevys, Jeep, Subaru. Looked at the Beamer cause I loved my BMW K100 motorcycle. Since it is a little pricey, (not overpriced) looked at company cars with less than 9k miles. Also drove Mercedes, Lexus, Audi Toyota etc. Wanted performance AND 4X versatility. Got both in spades. Handles better than some sports cars. Heated leather seats and all the bells and whistles you could hope for.

Finally performance and utility
By Ryan on 06/07/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is an excellent compromise between perfomance and utility. I never feel as though I am driving a truck, yet when required, she will haul kids, boats, dogs, and the occational load of straw. I fit 6 bails of straw with the rear door closed easily. No need to worry about keeping it clean because it's a truck. Actually the quality materials allow for quick and easiy clean-up. This vehical is top notch and as motivated me to trade-in my MB c-class for the new 3 series.

Good or Bad
By Anschris on 03/03/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We had a MB C230 coupe & loved it so much for a hatchback cargo space, the ride & of course the panoramic roof except rear wheel drive in snowy winter...It was time to change & get a BMW X3, more cargo space & more secure in winter driving. It's so grip on snow & no problem of getting out of driveway with fresh snow. It corners better than a car but a little bumpy on aged asphalt, which I think it's due to low profile tires.

The Fun Driving Machine
By Jose A. on 02/20/05 01:29 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is so much fun to drive! It handles like a sports car. It's quiet at highway speeds. Great brakes! It has a fantastic sunroof that extends to the rear seats that brings extra light into the vehicle, as well as a sense of added interior space. The xDrive works great on wet and snowy roads. The automatic transmission with the 5-speed Steptronic shifter is really fun on a twisty road. The 2.5 liter six cylinder engine provides the X3 with plenty of power. The leather seats are supportive and very comfortable. For someone who does not like monster sized SUV's, but likes great comfort, safety and AWD performance, the X3 is the perfect vehicle for any road.

wowilovethe X3!
By X3summerwntrfall on 01/26/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well I got this car in June, for my 16th birthday. i liked the X5 but my parents thought it was too big so I got this. When I saw it online I was thinking wow, with these options and 5,000.00 more you could have an Escalade. Well the dealers incentives are pretty good so then I got the car. It is black with grey leather and has the Sport pckg., Prem pckg., Prem. Snd, xenon lights, cold weather package, and steptronic plus navigation. WOW I am so impressed. It has adequate power for what I need and feels very safe. It takes corners 50- 55mph like a dime. It seems small on the outside but the inside is great. Spending the summer in this car was awesome! we just had a winter snow storm, was great

BMW's Super SUV
By VitorJoao on 12/19/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I owened a BMW 325 ci before I got my X3. I never thought I would be getting into a SUV, at least not for a while. Although, this car is incredible. It does everything you ask it to do, and then some!! The handling on the car is superb! I would even say better than my previous sportpackage coupe. Also, another plus is it's enormous moonroof. A must have!!! The car is so great that my mom and sister had to get one.

Okke's review
By Okke on 12/08/04 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great lively car to drive. It has lots of features but that makes the car a bit too expensive. Car looks smaller than it actually is, which for some people may be a disadvantage. Very easy to drive and handles more like a sportscar than a SUV. BMW calls it a SAV for that reason I suppose.

From SAAB to X3
By KARL on 11/14/04 15:45 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Okay, it was time to dump my great 2000 SAAB 9/5 loaded wagon before the warranty ran out. I looked all summer at Jeep, Suburu and Mazda 6 deals and then saw the sign and drive ad for the X3. The dealership had a black on black "basic" X3 and with one test drive, I reached for my wallet. What a great vehicle. It handles like a sports car, gets great mileage and I don't miss the "loaded" features I was used to. The six speed is awesome and of course, the "six" has no turbo, thus no "lag". The only strange thing is not to have cruise control as standard equipment. My buddy says I'll be paying for that .....in fines. It is very smooth and quiet at high speeds.