Used 2004 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Alternator
By oneballgnuu

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, we have had the x3 for 3 weeks now and we have already had the alternator replaced. I am not sure what is to come but outside of that minor problem BMW totally took care us. This was purchased moreso for my wife and I look forward to weekends when I get my turn behind the wheel. It handles very well and if you cant seem to get the finances together for an x5 this is the way to go! I am a die hard Subaru fan and I cannot wait to see what this car does in the dead of winter up in our mountain area. The all wheel drive was a huge selling factor along with the overall inside safety features.

Favorite Features

The overall cosmetics of the exterior- nice lines while still carrying on the BMW look. Inside my favorite feature is the sun roof that extends into the back seat area. Safety wise, we have lojack along with onstar. Finally, the Stet shifting is great when you want that manual feel off

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion is the steering wheel positioning. It is awkward and tilts at an odd position.

FIRST TIME BEEMER OWNER
By beemergirl

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just traded in a toyota corolla for my first BMW. I previously owned a Ford Explorer Sport. The ride is amazing. MPG isn't so bad - appx 20mpg. Definitely worth owning. Dealership was very helpful.

Favorite Features

I love the radio controls on the steering wheel. I feel very powerful and safe in this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Only negative is that the leatherette seats are not that easy to clean. I was told to use Non Ammonia window cleaner and it doesn't seem to work. The intermittent windshield wiper system is also confusing.

Love the X3
By rogueb0y

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had the X3 for a few months now. Zero problems/squeaks/rattles. Trans, cup holders, hatch, moonroof, AC, everything all work perfectly; a few of you guys must have gotten bad ones. Bought it to go up to the mountains in the winter; enjoy the incredible handling, brakes, visiblity, smoothness, stereo the rest of the year. Fits in the garage easily. Very comfofrtable to drive for long periods.

Favorite Features

brakes, stereo, moonroof, remote locking system

Suggested Improvements

Too high price premium for the larger motor (why? just to gouge the customer?). Needs more compliant shocks.

AWESOME
By Tony Chu

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fashion Interior/Exterior Design + the "BMW" Performance. You not gonna pass this one ~

Favorite Features

GPS Sports package (inside-out) Servotronic Steering Moonroof Xenon

Suggested Improvements

Price ?

AWESOME
By TIPKING

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Favorite Features

GPS Sports package (inside-out) Servotronic Steering Moonroof Xenon

Suggested Improvements

Price ?