Used 2004 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Quite a Surprise
By HarryX3

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As soon as I test drove this vehicle I was hooked. The vehicle has plenty of pick-up, is very comfortable and visibility from the driver's seat is very good. I've read alot of reviews on this car and many of them complain about the ride but my experience, so far, is that the ride is just right. After all it's a BMW - my '01 3 touring rides just like it.

Favorite Features

My favorite features for this car is the exterior appearance. It's truly the look of a typical BMW except in the Sport Activity Vehicle design. The interior leather is truly awesome; the upgraded radio is great too.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the thing lacking with the vehicle would be the typical things associated with BMW-it lacks a flashlite, it needs more storage space for small items, the computer system needs to be expanded with more features.

Love the X3
By rogueb0y

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had the X3 for a few months now. Zero problems/squeaks/rattles. Trans, cup holders, hatch, moonroof, AC, everything all work perfectly; a few of you guys must have gotten bad ones. Bought it to go up to the mountains in the winter; enjoy the incredible handling, brakes, visiblity, smoothness, stereo the rest of the year. Fits in the garage easily. Very comfofrtable to drive for long periods.

Favorite Features

brakes, stereo, moonroof, remote locking system

Suggested Improvements

Too high price premium for the larger motor (why? just to gouge the customer?). Needs more compliant shocks.

FIRST TIME BEEMER OWNER
By beemergirl

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just traded in a toyota corolla for my first BMW. I previously owned a Ford Explorer Sport. The ride is amazing. MPG isn't so bad - appx 20mpg. Definitely worth owning. Dealership was very helpful.

Favorite Features

I love the radio controls on the steering wheel. I feel very powerful and safe in this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Only negative is that the leatherette seats are not that easy to clean. I was told to use Non Ammonia window cleaner and it doesn't seem to work. The intermittent windshield wiper system is also confusing.

AWESOME
By TIPKING

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fashion Interior/Exterior Design + the "BMW" Performance. You not gonna pass this one ~

Favorite Features

GPS Sports package (inside-out) Servotronic Steering Moonroof Xenon

Suggested Improvements

Price ?

AWESOME
By Tony Chu

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Favorite Features

GPS Sports package (inside-out) Servotronic Steering Moonroof Xenon

Suggested Improvements

Price ?