2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Excellent car BMW X3
By prash77 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great to drive. Very stable and safe. Lives up to "ultimate driving machine" reputation.

owner
By maureenp on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

excellent car with lots of pickup and drives great.

X-3 BMW has done it again
By Gek on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 3.0 / 6 cyclinder engine is the same one used in my two door sports 330ci Coupe - which means the X-3 has some go power. Quite impressed with the handling of the X3, drives more like a car than SUV, but with all the safety that a SUV brings. It snowed the other day and the X-Drive was great, I had no problems in highway or uphill climbs. Felt very sure footed. Interior seems pretty boring, but well designed and built.

Superb Vehicle: Complaints unfounded
By glenberk on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic car to drive. Critics say the interior not up to BMW standards. But I find it very similar to the Z4 sportscar, and no one says the Z4 ain't good enough!

Cute and Sporty
By Tennisgal019 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is an excellent car for someone of any age. It's fun, reasonably priced and a performance vehicle all packed into one. What more could anyone ask for?

Is the X3 just a smaller X5?
By jaredfeiger on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X3's performance is outstanding as you would expect from any BMW; however, the interior quality and materials are definitely sub-par for a BMW and come nowhere near matching the X5's much nicer and more expensive interior. Overall, I feel like the car isn't as solid as an X5 (the doors are lighter, it also feels much lighter when you drive it), although it handles very well. For $48,000 fully equipped, you should definitely get more quality for your money, but it is a good vehicle.

Day One
By boji on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up the X3 today after not being able to get together with the VW Dealer on a Toureg. More money than the VW but I think I will really like the choice. Tested the X5 also. The X3 seemed as comfortable...felt a little lighter... and more nimble. Feels more agile than the Toureg. Opted for Met. Black w/ 6speed manual. FUN!! Quality seems great, fit and finish perfect, milage shows about 21.5. Clutch is touchier than my Jetta TDI but am getting used to it. The 3.0 doesn't seem as quick as my wifes A4 with the 1.8 turbo. I'm sure after it loosens up it will be quicker. Corners, stops, accelerates on packed snow flawlessly. So far am lovin' it.

My BMW X3 2.5i
By Spikeyhairboy12 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

If you like the X5, but can't afford it, look at this. The X3 has the looks of the X5, and the pricetag of the 325i. Right now, I'm 13 years old. My dad bought one and he loves it! He has to drive about 60 miles a day and its gas mileage is good for a car that size (I'm a car fanatic). If you haven't driven one yet, do PLEASE!

The greatest SUV from BMW
By Pilotpaul13 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is an awsome car you must drive it