2004 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
LONG DISTANCE TRAVELER
By TRAVELER on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

WOW - What an automobile! I've owned a bunch of rides but this one really stands out. It's quick, very stylish and about the safest auto built. To really appreciate all the safety and comfort built into this car I suggest reading the owners manual several times. It has a very powerful A/C, for example, but one must learn its features. In summary - I could have bought any automobile but thankfully I bought this one.

what is that light that keeps turning on
By m&c on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

it is a fun car to drive. this is my first BMW. I had a vw jetta before, it sure rides more like an SUV than a car. the 2.5 has sufficient power without having to spend the extra 6k dollars for the 3.0.

Typical 1st year Bimmer
By Skater on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW tends to use the 1st model year out as a beta tester, and the X3 seems no different. I'm not a BMW basher, just someone who had an E36, then an E39, collectively, for 10 years. My suggestion is to wait a year or two, BMW will get the X3 right.

The New X-3
By oscar maren on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have been driving this new automobile for a month now and it is a superb SAV! The only negative comment I can make is the GPS Map is located on top of the dash board and in bright sunlight it is not very visable. If this could be located lower on the dash board it would be much better. Other than that it is a fun car to drive and is an 'eye opener' to look at! BMW should be proud of this auto.

Simply........FUN!
By Wm. B. eamer on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Some of the reviews I've read say the ride is too rough. Just not true in my opinion. The sports package might increase the stiffness of the ride a bit. It was a great mix of SUV feel with the fun of a sports car. It is truly SUV meets 300 series BMW. If you are interested in this car, don't listen to the few negative reviews that are out there in regards to the smoothness of the ride, but, rather, go test drive one of these beauties for yourself and you, too, will discover a sweet little ride.

97-Z3 to 01-Z3 to 04-X3
By Todd Smart on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third bimmer and it is no wonder why I'm hooked! My biggest fear when leaving the convertible behind was the lack of open wind/sun when driving...NO worries! The X3 sun roof is so sweet. Got cooked yesterday driving along beach roads. This engine is the same that powered my 01-Z3 and it is no less impressive in the X3. I highly recommend this vehicle to 30- somethings looking for more utility, superior performance, and the convertible, open-air lifestyle.

WHAT A CAR!
By MASAJIRO1 on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Today, I bought a BMW 2.5i. The best choice I ever made. What a great car to keep my kid, and my wife safe on the road. It grips the road like the tires are glued to the pavement. It's very good.

GREAT AUTOMOBILE
By PROFESSIONAL ENGINEE on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a great car for the X-3 (Honda CRV, EX, Automatic) and got a better car. Look anywhere, try any control, try nearly anything with this fine automobile and you'll be thrilled at it's quality and performance.

Where's the cream filling?
By LoisC on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Strongly built vehicle with nice exterior design. Great acceleration in first but lags in higher gears (with automatic)and the engine is loud. Interior is downright chintzy (except for the sport seats). Visability is excellent. Holds the road exceptionally well. Nice cargo space and rear seats fold down flat and easily.

Out of Yukon & into fun SUV
By Commuter Mom on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Kids are off to college, out of the Mom cars yet wanted SUV with trunk space. Traded Yukon in for X3. I test drove Infinit FX, Lexus, Volvo, GMC Envoy. Non compared to the interior room and fun driving ability. This little SUV gets it!!