2004 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Fun car
By Gerrit on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great Car, fun drive but a little stiff. 3.0 is the engine to go with if you want to have some reserves, the 2.5 we have is great with a stick. Great design and wonderful for a family with lots of storage and trunk space.

Just what I've been looking for.
By gjones1541 on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Quicker and less expensive to drive than my 4Runner. It holds the road and handles better than my Miata. I bought the 6 speed and am very happy with the performance, in every respect. I have put 2400 miles on it in all types of driving and conditions (no snow yet), and have yet to be disappointed. I am averaging 20 mpg at an average speed of 34 mph. The cargo capacity is more than enough for the luggage of 4 adults (including 2 women) for a week, and passenger room is much more than I have been used to in other cars. Premium package is worth the cost.

great new bmw
By nss on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car---fun to drive, solid, strdy, handles remarkably well for a vehicle this size.

Went from X5 4.4 to X3 3.0 sport
By jzack24 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

and have no regrets. This is a great vehicle for the right person. No, it is not cushy. No, it does not have as much wood in its interior as does the X5. But it is not meant to be either. It's a whole lot more fun to drive -- I have a smile on my face everytime. Is it the right vehicle for everyone? No -- but it's perfect for me.

Amazing and fun to drive
By Harplayr on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This has by far the best build quality of any car I have owned. I traded in my 325I for the X3, and can say that the handling is almost as good. Of all the SUVs I have tested the X3 stands alone on it's performance and handling. The X- Drive is a pleasure on snow or slippery conditions. Seats are very comfortable, and driving position is where it should be. The interior bike rack is a great feature for my Wife and I. I just can't say enough good things about this SUV.

Awesome Ride
By kc2001 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this SAV. Handling is outrageous! This BMW begs to be driven hard. Sure this SAV might ride a little firmer but at least it doesnt wallow and feel as you though you are in a boat like most SUV's. If you are going to fork over 40+K at least get the leather seats vs vinyl- and of course get it in manual!

X3 and I have one
By quaddies on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

X3: tall seat and handling. Why not M3 or Lexus? Or, as C&D mocks, leave the "sports car on stilts" and buy a wagon. Hey I want to sit a higher and enjoy sport handling. Some people get off on creamy leather, glossy veneers, bum warmers and don't want to feel anything -like say the road. ItÂ’s not the leather, veneer and truck feel of the X5 or Lexus that I want. I am from the BMW old school and not the fat cat who wants their BMW to be an ideal Lincoln. The wagon is great, but don't dismiss the X3 because it is not European. Europhiles state wagons are big sellers in Europe and the X3 is a nod to the US market. Wise up. UK presold their allotment for 2004.

ONLY THE BEST
By AVERAGE DRIVER on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

What do I like most?-Where to begin! How about 4 years free BMW service, 8 air bags, all wheel control, an 8 speaker teriffic stereo/cd/etc. standard, turns like a cat, shifts one can't possibly feel, outrageous engine that's a delight just to listen to, quality abounds even in very hidden areas, a BMW team that will support you no matter what, and a GPS/emergency radio transmitter standard. I could go on but- just drive one. They'll have to pry you out of it!

Right on the money
By happy/pappy on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traditional BMW quality and performance delivered as promised.This vehicle is pure pleasure we love the performance,wow what brakes and handling.The five speed automatic is smooth as silk and what fun in manual mode.Engine performs very well and fuel economy of 18/26 helps also.

LONG DISTANCE TRAVELER
By TRAVELER on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

WOW - What an automobile! I've owned a bunch of rides but this one really stands out. It's quick, very stylish and about the safest auto built. To really appreciate all the safety and comfort built into this car I suggest reading the owners manual several times. It has a very powerful A/C, for example, but one must learn its features. In summary - I could have bought any automobile but thankfully I bought this one.