Used 2004 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW X3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

What happened to the "MDX"
By Young Banker

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my heart set in the Acura MDX until I drove the BMW X3 3.0. The car is so much fun to drive and stands apart from the other automobiles on the road. With a powerful engine and great cornering ability it's hard for people to keep up with you. So far so good. I can't wait to drive on a long road trip!!

Panarama Roof, Upgraded sound system, brake feel and performance, comfort, interior simplicity and vercitilty.

more storage area for small items such as keys and phones. Rear Hatch warning light. Uni-body color standard. I upgraded to the aero package.

Bring on the winter!
By Mizz Daizy

2004 BMW X3 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Coming off a Z3, I expected to be disappointed with the SUV experience. I was wrong. The X3 is fun to drive and handles incredibly. The interior is luxurious (more so than the Z3) and the features and options are just pure BMW. No words can describe the panoramic moon roof! This truly is the ultimate driving machine. Bring on the winter!

Panoramic moon roof, the automatic windshield wipers and headlights...I was surprised to find that I love them! Radio controls on the steering wheel.

I chose the 3.0 because the 2.5 was GREATLY under-powered. Beef up the 2.5 version, please.

From SAAB to X3
By KARL

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Okay, it was time to dump my great 2000 SAAB 9/5 loaded wagon before the warranty ran out. I looked all summer at Jeep, Suburu and Mazda 6 deals and then saw the sign and drive ad for the X3. The dealership had a black on black "basic" X3 and with one test drive, I reached for my wallet. What a great vehicle. It handles like a sports car, gets great mileage and I don't miss the "loaded" features I was used to. The six speed is awesome and of course, the "six" has no turbo, thus no "lag". The only strange thing is not to have cruise control as standard equipment. My buddy says I'll be paying for that .....in fines. It is very smooth and quiet at high speeds.

6 speed, heated seats, decent cup holders for driver and passenger, quality of basic radio/cd sound.

Cruise control should be standard.

love this SUV
By mfeder

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned various Jeep Grand Cherokees, and the Lexus RX 300. By far, the BMW is the superior car. I have no idea what reviewers are talking about- we got ours for the low 30's, not the mid 40's, and love the vehicle. We specifically got it with just black interior- no silly wood, very teutonic, and love it. The ride is superb, stiff- not like a caddy, fortunately... It is undeniably the best SUV on the road for us. To test drive one is to love one.

simple interior, superb handling, great looks

hard to say- on 8000 miles, we've loved it. we also have a Z4, which we love- not everyone seems to, but, if you love BMW's, these are superb machines.

A great car from BMW
By taztx968

2004 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is a great SUV for people that want the SUV flexibility but a car-like ride. The X3 is very roomy altough it does not look like a behemoth on the road (like the new SUVs from Nissan, Cadillac, etc.) The external style is very sport but elegant at the same time. Interior finish is high quality. The ride may feel a bt stiff on very bumpy roads, but when you ride on winding roads or on the highway you can really enjoy the sporty ride. BMW aced this car. I used to drive an X5 and, although the X5 is more luxurios, the X3 has nothing to envy at all to the X5 (interior room is better in the X3, in particular in the back seats.

Secure and fun ride, handling, features, build quality, iPod connectivity

Air suspension with stiffness setting (sport or comfort)