2014 BMW X1 Consumer Review: Much Better than Expected

2014 BMW X1 - Consumer Review

xDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Much Better than Expected
By ponch on

2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was a bit concerned about the 4 cylinder engine but boy does it still provide a lot of pep. Lots of grip. Feels like I am driving an expensive sports sedan. Has the same confident, lane-holding feel when you are zipping down the far left lane on the highway like you feel in an X5. Lots of room in the front, though not much for storage. There are only 2 safety belts in the rear though there is room for a 3rd person in the middle. Because of the 40/20/40 split, there is a lot of storage flexibility. The fuel economy is nice too. I bought mine as a service loaner w 4K miles and WHAT A VALUE at around $31K. I am as satisfied with this vehicle as with any vehicle previously owned.

I like the Eco mode, which eliminates the low gears and saves fuel. The gauge shows you how many additional miles of driving you've saved. Steering is very exact and tight. Very quick off the line. Great brakes. Performs the best of any vehicle I have driven in the snow.

Could use a bit more storage up front. Could use a useful 2nd row middle seat w belt. Visibility out the rear could be better.