2013 BMW X1 Consumer Review: Great Vehicle

2013 BMW X1 - Consumer Review

xDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Great Vehicle
By dobbeusaf on

2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife and I wanted a new vehicle that would be good on gas, fun to drive, 4 wheel drive, and have room for kids. This car meets all of the above. It has been great on gas for an SUV/SAV. When you drive the car you feel safe and solid. It is a pleasure to drive. The all-wheel drive system is awesome. We drove in the snow/ice and noticed no slippage of the wheels. Driving the same roads a few minutes later with my front wheel drive car I noticed a good amount of tire slippage. This car is built very well. The engine has plenty of power even though it is a 4 cylinder! The warranty is also another selling point for us. This vehicle is worth every penny!

Favorite Features

The AWD system works flawlessly. The ECOPRO and Auto start/stop feature saves on gas and gets some looks from people who think something is wrong with your car when you stop until you explain it is designed that way to save gas. The heated seats and steering wheel are a must in cold weather! I try to drive this car as much as possible in the winter as it warms you right up! The sunroof is something else that adds a lot to this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Make more options available on their own such as the HID lights, since you cannot get them by themselves. They have to go with the premium package which adds a lot to the price.