Used 2013 BMW X1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X1 model:

Better than expected!!!
By ad77

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got mine last September and it has been a blast ever since, 15K miles already. I've picked a Valencia Orange with M Sport Package, heated seats and Harman Kardon sound system, nothing else and the only option I miss is power seats. This thing drives exceptionally well and the hydraulic assist steering is still the best. The manner in which this vehicle goes from 60 MPH to 80, 90 or more is almost ridiculous. Serious handling and solid structure feel make it even better. Of note this is my 5th BMW in the last 10 years and so I expect great things from BMW's and in this case they delivered a great little product. If you can get one and enjoy the ride, you won't be disappointed...

Favorite Features

Handling, steering, effortless speed, solid and secure feeling.

Suggested Improvements

None.

lacking
By snowbird100

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have driven my X1 over 2000 miles and still the fuel efficiency is only 27.3 max. I drive only highways, use the cruise control, and the eco option. The steering wheel feels heavy (in comparison with my old SAAB that is a delight to drive) but I will take a bunch of weight lifting classes with a personal trainer starting next week so this should help to drive (no kidding - it is a heavy cow, like it has no power assist, maybe it does not). The car does not allow for a trailer mount to put a bike rack on the back, the roof rack is hard to find (yes, Thule apparently makes it but I ordered one at REI over a month ago and I am still waiting). It looks nice in orange, though...

Favorite Features

Valencia Orange, general looks,

Suggested Improvements

trailer mount, roof racks at the dealerships, easy steering wheel operation, make it an outdoor bum friendly, please

Gas mileage is not as promised other than that it's great SUV
By anil7

2013 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

BMW promises gas mileage of 24-34, I normally drive to work and very little city(20%), was expecting at least 30mpg. but not even close, I normally get around 26-28mpg, I used to drive Prius, so knows how to save on gas while driving on freeway or in city. Other than that the really loved this SUV.

Favorite Features

Panoramic moon roof.

Beware of the tires!
By judith6

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The car has 3000 miles on it, is great to drive, good on ice and snow. Unfortunately, we have to drive it on a short gravel road....a road which is graded regularly and well maintained. A small piece of gravel embedded in the tire and caused a slow leak. When the stone was removed....totally flat tire which I was told did not allow the car to be driven (my home is 40 miles from the nearest dealer). No replacement tire available for 3 days. No loaner cars available. Almost $600 for a new tire....$130 for car rental. Perhaps this is an isolated event and there will be no additional tire problems. If not, there will be one very unhappy customer!

2013 BMW X1 XDrive 28i
By toros888

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I special order this vehicle in Aug 2012 and got it from the dealership in Sep 24 2012.Vehicle is loaded with all options,color -mineral gray metallic.Its a wow! luxury Sav.Its extremely fun to drive-long or short distances,my wife loves to drive it all time,its solid and comfortable to drive,it delivers excellent performance,power,handling and gas mileage.The exterior design is unique,interior is of high quality, high tech gadgets and accessories are simple to use, safety features are impressive.Its fast and quick acceleration,The 2013 bmw x1 is worth buying.

Favorite Features

My favorite features: The 8-speed automatic,start and stop button, panoramic moonroof,voice activated function,twin- turbo charge engine,stop n go engine,ecopro button, unique exterior,rear view camera,paddle shifters, illuminated idrive control,stylish headlights and tail lights,run flat tires,keyless access,lighted door handles,aluminum roof rail(option).

Suggested Improvements

Add 2-4 inches in overall vehicle height,make hood slightly shorter,increase gas mileage both city and highway,add more space in cargo and rear passengers areas,increase width by 2 inches.