2013 BMW X1 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X1 model:
Great Vehicle
By dobbeusaf on 12/05/12 09:51 AM (PST)

2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife and I wanted a new vehicle that would be good on gas, fun to drive, 4 wheel drive, and have room for kids. This car meets all of the above. It has been great on gas for an SUV/SAV. When you drive the car you feel safe and solid. It is a pleasure to drive. The all-wheel drive system is awesome. We drove in the snow/ice and noticed no slippage of the wheels. Driving the same roads a few minutes later with my front wheel drive car I noticed a good amount of tire slippage. This car is built very well. The engine has plenty of power even though it is a 4 cylinder! The warranty is also another selling point for us. This vehicle is worth every penny!

Fun to drive and fuel saving!
By xz9ur on 12/03/12 08:07 AM (PST)

Pros:

Unique Value
By heavysixer22 on 10/21/12 13:23 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been driving my X1 for about a month now, and can say it's the perfect combo of fun and functionality for me. The 2 liter turbo is wonderfully paired with the 8 speed auto. I've driven stick shifts for the past 20 years, and haven't missed the control of a manual -this auto reads my mind. I was looking for an AWD wagon that was fun to drive, compact, but not cramped. It came down to this and the Subaru Outback, but the Outback was a little too big and soft for me. I said "no" to all the pricey packages, getting ala carte options like heated seats, panoramic moonroof (worth every penny), and some nice wood inlays. The car was about $33k - a real value for such a well built vehicle

Practical, Powerful, and fun too!
By germancarguy82 on 10/14/12 06:59 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We just took delivery of our Valencia Orange X135 M Sport with all the options. What a car!! After driving a few of the competitors, the choice was clear once we drove the X1. There is nothing like a BMW, and this one is solid. The layout of the interior is very nice, seats are comfortable, visibility is good, and the Harmon-Kardon sound system is awesome. You will never think of this car as an SUV when it comes to driving dynamics. Despite the slightly higher ride height, you may as well be driving a BMW sedan with the older, better, hydraulic steering setup. Also, this car is an amazing value, coming in nearly fully loaded under 50 grand.

A high performance station wagon
By solom01 on 10/09/12 07:00 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The X1 is a really good idea. For whatever reason Americans won't buy station wagons, even though they have tons of good qualities. Instead they buy pigmobile SUVs. The X1 is actually a 3 series station wagon, but designed to fool people into thinking it's an SUV. The 2 liter turbo four is plenty powerful with the 8 speed, and gets amazing gas mileage for the performance you get. Unlike most SUVs this car has amazing handling. About the only downside is that it is not large inside, for us it's fine, but this isn't going to work as a hauler. Compare to something like a Subaru or 32k, the 38k for this is a bargain!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X1 in WA is:

$212 per month*