2013 BMW X1 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X1 model:
Great fun to drive
By bjbolduc on 04/18/14 15:59 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2013 X1 x28i Overall its a lot of fun to drive both acceleration and handling. It is not really a SUV so if you are expecting a lot of space in the back, you have to put the seats down (which is a bit of a hassle) It has room for 4 passengers (can do 5 in a pinch) but can't do luggage for 4 I have had good gas mileage (high 20's) and good reliability THere are some design features that are engineered not designed (cup holder is added on) but overall a good car

2013 X1
By jcaloia on 03/24/14 05:23 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Overall, the car is a realy joy to drive, but we've had some major mechanical issues. Less than 15,000, and we've already had it in the shop twice for cylinder replacemets, once for failure of the catalytic converter, and now for a transmission failure. All within 6 months. We'll see how the BMW dealer chooses to help rectify, but so far not happy with the build quality.

Wow! This is Fun!
By mustangshar on 01/02/14 19:25 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my 28iXdrive for 14 months. This is my daily driver and outside 24/7. It's a small car, but good for me and my 22 mile daily commute in Chicago Winters. Mine had the heated seats and steering wheel, a must have for cold weather. The steering is so tight and precise. The acceleration of this twin turbo, blows me away, and it just keeps on going. Excellent handling car, firm suspension. I haven't had any problems at all. Mine retailed over $38k

BMW X1
By taisey on 07/12/13 14:52 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have had our 2013 X1 since middle of May 2013. In less than 800 miles brakes failed. Again, the same problem at 1900 miles. Seems short on power and acceleration. Not very pleased and hope to trade up very soon to an X3. Would not recommend this vehicle base on my experience.

The X1 is fantastic
By djp13 on 07/09/13 11:54 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The X1 is a very solid, high performing compact SUV (or SAV as BMW calls it). The performance, corning and high quality interior are all amazing. The car has lots of power. I only have 3000 miles on the car so far but it handles very well and enjoy the many technology features on car including the numerous I drive features.

Better than expected!!!
By ad77 on 06/06/13 07:35 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got mine last September and it has been a blast ever since, 15K miles already. I've picked a Valencia Orange with M Sport Package, heated seats and Harman Kardon sound system, nothing else and the only option I miss is power seats. This thing drives exceptionally well and the hydraulic assist steering is still the best. The manner in which this vehicle goes from 60 MPH to 80, 90 or more is almost ridiculous. Serious handling and solid structure feel make it even better. Of note this is my 5th BMW in the last 10 years and so I expect great things from BMW's and in this case they delivered a great little product. If you can get one and enjoy the ride, you won't be disappointed...

lacking
By snowbird100 on 03/24/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have driven my X1 over 2000 miles and still the fuel efficiency is only 27.3 max. I drive only highways, use the cruise control, and the eco option. The steering wheel feels heavy (in comparison with my old SAAB that is a delight to drive) but I will take a bunch of weight lifting classes with a personal trainer starting next week so this should help to drive (no kidding - it is a heavy cow, like it has no power assist, maybe it does not). The car does not allow for a trailer mount to put a bike rack on the back, the roof rack is hard to find (yes, Thule apparently makes it but I ordered one at REI over a month ago and I am still waiting). It looks nice in orange, though...

Gas mileage is not as promised other than that it's great SUV
By anil7 on 03/22/13 10:56 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

BMW promises gas mileage of 24-34, I normally drive to work and very little city(20%), was expecting at least 30mpg. but not even close, I normally get around 26-28mpg, I used to drive Prius, so knows how to save on gas while driving on freeway or in city. Other than that the really loved this SUV.

Beware of the tires!
By judith6 on 02/24/13 14:07 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The car has 3000 miles on it, is great to drive, good on ice and snow. Unfortunately, we have to drive it on a short gravel road....a road which is graded regularly and well maintained. A small piece of gravel embedded in the tire and caused a slow leak. When the stone was removed....totally flat tire which I was told did not allow the car to be driven (my home is 40 miles from the nearest dealer). No replacement tire available for 3 days. No loaner cars available. Almost $600 for a new tire....$130 for car rental. Perhaps this is an isolated event and there will be no additional tire problems. If not, there will be one very unhappy customer!

2013 BMW X1 XDrive 28i
By toros888 on 01/28/13 16:55 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I special order this vehicle in Aug 2012 and got it from the dealership in Sep 24 2012.Vehicle is loaded with all options,color -mineral gray metallic.Its a wow! luxury Sav.Its extremely fun to drive-long or short distances,my wife loves to drive it all time,its solid and comfortable to drive,it delivers excellent performance,power,handling and gas mileage.The exterior design is unique,interior is of high quality, high tech gadgets and accessories are simple to use, safety features are impressive.Its fast and quick acceleration,The 2013 bmw x1 is worth buying.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X1 Suv in VA is:

$168 per month*