Two great cars in one!
By Wayne on
2008 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)
This is a great car for the money! I traded a 911 Porsche Cab and a 2005 Aston Martin DB9 coupe - the M6 Convertible delivers the best of both of these cars. The V10 engine has plenty of power matched by electronics and a finely tuned suspension to create a great driving experience on any road. It has the toss-around feel and open sky fun of the Porsche with the size, comfort and presence of the DB9 - but it accommodates 4 riders. This is my first BMW, and I've found the professional reviewer's concerns with iDrive to be somewhat exaggerated. The SMG transmission, also scorned, is easy and engaging to drive. The cock pit ergonomics, including seat comfort are unmatched by any car.
Favorite Features
Engine performance and sound, steering and brake feedback, comfort for the commute or the track, full-on rush of top down driving at ??? mph, and a price under $125K - all make this a great car in a class by itself!
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see the styling go to the next level - more finesse in the proportions and details - both inside and out. The front and rear splitter design may technically work but they seem to lack flow and continuity with the rest of the body. The trunk...well, enough has already been written.