2008 BMW M6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M6 model:
A civil 996 turbo
By Canadian M6 on 02/27/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

A high tech car that fits the needs of a serious well healed car enthusiast. If you are not comfortable with computers and spirited driving this car is not for you. Surprisingly refined - I enjoy driving it more than my more visceral, in your face 2003 996 turbo. Great daily driver if you use the paddles otherwise difficult to drive smoothly in automatic mode.

BMW M6
By nlh on 01/23/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Got this 08 M6 (wht on dark red, CF trim, manual) as a corporate trade in. Wow 08 leases tanked and I lucked out. Had an 06 M3. This thing blows it away in luxury terms and is god awful fast off the line and at speed. In my M3 I always felt like I was driving a hyper jet fighter, always charged up, and pushing it. In the 6, I cruise in luxury, steel fist in velvet glove. When I want power I hit the M button and zoom. The 3 was an smg and the 6 is a 6 speed manual. I loved the smg and sometimes wish the 6 had one. Man you could just hammer the 3 all the time. In th 6 it takes some work. Yeah it's capable but you have to wake up and push it. Doesn't seem as tossable, but when you get it right

Awesome Car
By Carman on 12/05/08 09:09 AM (PST)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I have owned many types of expensive vehicles but this one tops the list. Power is absolutely thrilling as well as the handling and comfort. A little hard on fuel but considering the way I drive it's probably much better for the average driver. I did not buy this car to save on gas anyway. I would have paid double than what I paid for this car.

Exotic Ride for Mid Range Expense
By ultradog on 11/26/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 Coupe is my fifth new BMW. Iíve had a 96 2.8 Z3, 99 540, 03 M3 convertible, 06 750 Li. All of these vehicles have been outstanding. The M6 is a pure breed race car in a stealth body. This car is great fun when the unknowing pull up beside you at a light and on the back roads of WV. This is by far my favorite car ever.

M6... oh yeah baby!
By Pandora on 07/22/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Unbelievable car. Started my addiction with a 645, then a 650, both of which were great cars, fun to drive, quick and superior handling. But the M6 is in a class by itself. What an amazing combination of style and engineering superiority. It lopes along in daily traffic with no hint of the beast lurking beneath the surface just waiting for a chance to get loose. It never fails to turn heads, and it never fails to thrill when that big V10 jumps to life with the touch of a button.

Two great cars in one!
By Wayne on 07/12/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is a great car for the money! I traded a 911 Porsche Cab and a 2005 Aston Martin DB9 coupe - the M6 Convertible delivers the best of both of these cars. The V10 engine has plenty of power matched by electronics and a finely tuned suspension to create a great driving experience on any road. It has the toss-around feel and open sky fun of the Porsche with the size, comfort and presence of the DB9 - but it accommodates 4 riders. This is my first BMW, and I've found the professional reviewer's concerns with iDrive to be somewhat exaggerated. The SMG transmission, also scorned, is easy and engaging to drive. The cock pit ergonomics, including seat comfort are unmatched by any car.

'08 M6 Coupe
By M6 Owner on 06/28/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Super car performance for less than super car price. Looked at the R8, Vantage, 911 turbo, MB SL 63, M3, but in the end nothing compared to the total package and performance of the M6. This car is not done justice in photos. It is much more beautiful in person. Definitely drives like an exotic super car.

I wanted more!
By M6 Lady on 03/03/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

After several BMWs I got my first 6 series in the form of a 2004 645 coupe. I loved that car, the way it handled, the performance etc. Then I decided to drop the top and got a 2007 650 convertible which was even nicer than the 645's engine. After trying M5s and M6s at the BMW Performance Center in SC I was immediately sold. That's when I knew my next car would be an M6. I didn't think there would be that much difference, but it's just amazing! The V10 engine is a dream and SMG is very smooth and responsive. iDrive is even more user friendly than its earlier versions and it's worth the couple of hours it may take you to get fully acquainted with it. Performance lovers, rejoice!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.