Used 2008 BMW M6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M6 model:

A civil 996 turbo
By Canadian M6

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

A high tech car that fits the needs of a serious well healed car enthusiast. If you are not comfortable with computers and spirited driving this car is not for you. Surprisingly refined - I enjoy driving it more than my more visceral, in your face 2003 996 turbo. Great daily driver if you use the paddles otherwise difficult to drive smoothly in automatic mode.

Favorite Features

Love the voice commands, heads up and comfort features. Sound system is good.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic mode not as refined as it could be. Lose the carbon roof. Silly and expensive for an already heavy car.

BMW M6
By nlh

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Got this 08 M6 (wht on dark red, CF trim, manual) as a corporate trade in. Wow 08 leases tanked and I lucked out. Had an 06 M3. This thing blows it away in luxury terms and is god awful fast off the line and at speed. In my M3 I always felt like I was driving a hyper jet fighter, always charged up, and pushing it. In the 6, I cruise in luxury, steel fist in velvet glove. When I want power I hit the M button and zoom. The 3 was an smg and the 6 is a 6 speed manual. I loved the smg and sometimes wish the 6 had one. Man you could just hammer the 3 all the time. In th 6 it takes some work. Yeah it's capable but you have to wake up and push it. Doesn't seem as tossable, but when you get it right

Favorite Features

V 10, Teutonic feel, stereo, M button, style, sound of the motor!

Suggested Improvements

I wish I could raise the seat higher and still be as far back. The seat comes forward as you raise it. I can't see the road as well.

Awesome Car
By Carman

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I have owned many types of expensive vehicles but this one tops the list. Power is absolutely thrilling as well as the handling and comfort. A little hard on fuel but considering the way I drive it's probably much better for the average driver. I did not buy this car to save on gas anyway. I would have paid double than what I paid for this car.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car. Especially the performance.

Suggested Improvements

Like the saying goes, If it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Nothing to improve. Absolutely perfect.

Exotic Ride for Mid Range Expense
By ultradog

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 Coupe is my fifth new BMW. Iíve had a 96 2.8 Z3, 99 540, 03 M3 convertible, 06 750 Li. All of these vehicles have been outstanding. The M6 is a pure breed race car in a stealth body. This car is great fun when the unknowing pull up beside you at a light and on the back roads of WV. This is by far my favorite car ever.

Favorite Features

The ability to control the responsiveness of the engine, transmission & suspension in any driving environment. From comfortable cruiser to exotic rocket!

Suggested Improvements

IPhone interface is stupid expensive, come on BMW the sticker on this car was $110k, $700 for a piece of plastic?

M6... oh yeah baby!
By Pandora

2008 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Unbelievable car. Started my addiction with a 645, then a 650, both of which were great cars, fun to drive, quick and superior handling. But the M6 is in a class by itself. What an amazing combination of style and engineering superiority. It lopes along in daily traffic with no hint of the beast lurking beneath the surface just waiting for a chance to get loose. It never fails to turn heads, and it never fails to thrill when that big V10 jumps to life with the touch of a button.

Favorite Features

M button on the steering wheel that lets me jump from 400 to 500hp in a flash, and its incredible handling in any situation.

Suggested Improvements

I can't find anything that doesn't hit the mark. What's to improve on perfection?