Used 2007 BMW M6 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw M6 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (7 reviews )

It *IS* my everyday car
By matomizer

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my everyday car, except for my wife's minivan which I don't really drive. I love love love this car. I bought it used a year and a half ago and it has never ceased to amaze me every time I get behind the wheel. I don't mind the smg. I just shift it how I want anyway and go back and forth between auto and manual. I played around with the shift points until I just finally left it on default. I love being able to just BE where I want to be in traffic without thinking. BMW was faithful to the spirit of man when they built this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the M button. I don't have to drive around like a maniac all the time, only when I want to.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders of course need to be reworked, but I will say you better have a lid on any drink you might have inside the car. You never know when the urge to pull G's around a hair pin turn is going to strike, or the need to go 150+ MPH, or the need to go 0-100 when the light turns green.

A track car, not for every day use
By nyfo

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Speed, engine sound, interior, exterior - awesome! That's why I bought it.. But SMG... Yes, you can adopt, learn how to drive it smoothly. But if you have to "adopt" every time you drive it - it becomes a pain. Took it on the track - INCREDIBLE power, handling in M mode, everything. But driving it every day - SMG kills it all. Hopefully they will put a new "double clutch" on it I have on my Z4 now. That would make this car an absolute dream!

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, sound, feel.

Suggested Improvements

Change SMG with double clutch and move the stupid cup holder from the passenger laps.

BMW M6 Coupe
By Terry

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I ordered this vehicle new in 2007. The car is everything I expected. My M6 averages 24.4 mpg highway at 80 mph. Much better the the 4.4 X5 Sport that gets 18.4 highway. The M6 has the styling, power and performance that is advertised. I would recommend the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Typical BMW flawless and precision assembly. The vehicle is fun to drive and has plenty of power.

M6 has looks, style, speed, comfort
By Terry

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Yes I ordered and waited for my M6 coupe to arrive. After the 1200 mile break-in to get the additional 100HP the fun begins. Launch control is awesome! Yes, I said launch control. Your BMW dealership generally does not tell you about this hidden feature that launches you from a stop right into the future. You can experience all 505HP and accelerate from 0-60 in no time. Quite the rush! The M6 gets respect on the highway and all the looks in the city. Another great vehicle from the BMW family.

Favorite Features

Launch control. Heads up display.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement would be to add additional horsepower but the M6 does just fine with the 505HP. Mustangs do not have a chance!

My White 2006 M6 Coupe
By EricB_M607

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I traded up from a Yellow M3. Everyone had to look at that car whether it was in awe or disgust. However, until I got my M6, never has a member of the opposite sex flirted with me from their car. It has happened 5 times since July 15th. This car turns heads who see it. Moreover it turns heads of people who hear it going by. The acceleration over 90 MPH is insane, and it feels like 0-100 mph is only 6.2. Would prefer if it had more distinctive flare like my M3. It does not even have a raised hood. When you sit down in it and turn it on, and it rumbles into place, there is not much better a feeling to a driving person on Earth. If you are looking at Porsche turbo, drive this car too!

Favorite Features

Handling dampering is spectacular! Engine sound, and feel of acceleration is insane. M6 500 Sport mode the car peels out at the stop light in first gear. Stereo sounds sick! Everyone gives you the thumbs up at traffic lights. It feels classy, but also very european and distinguished. Go BMW!

Suggested Improvements

What is up with the cup holder? Thye used all kinds of negative space to store a cup holder that could have yielded a better back seat. Could have made the car shorter and lighter with no back seat like the Z4 and Z8. Needs air conditioned seats. The iDrive computer is really slow between screens.