2007 BMW M6 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (9 reviews )
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE M6
By Philip on 01/11/10 23:13 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 developed a thirst for oil at just 1,800 kilometres and used an average of 1 litre of oil per 1,000 kilometres until BMW agreed to replace the engine. A combination of having to stop every 1,000 kilometres to top up the oil and a faulty tyre pressure indicator made BMW's fastest convertible actually slower on trips than my daughter's Smart ForTwo. Add to this the fact that BMW Australia apparently don't stock parts and the fact that you can't buy tyres for them and you've got a car that reminds me of the old Jaguar joke that you need to buy 2 of them so you'll always have 1 to drive while the other one is in being fixed.

What an AWESOME car!!
By PainMD on 08/31/08 01:18 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I purchased my 2007 BMW M6 Convertible about 10 months ago. I decided to hold off on submitting my review until now because I like to form a close relationship with my vehicle before singing its accolades. Well, all I can say is that this car has exceeded all my expectations. It is simply the best car I have ever owned, bar none. The car is an absolute blast to drive. For the first time, I actually look forward to getting up in the morning to drive the 20 miles to my office. Same applies to my drive home from work. The V10 engine is sublime. The handling is confidence-inspiring. The build quality is second to none. As far as the iDrive and SMG are concerned, I love them both.

2007 BMW M6
By Marc on 03/11/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This car incredibly fun to drive and the handling is second to none.

Fun Fun Car to drive
By dstoneca on 07/22/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Awesome power! Great stability in turns at high speed. Nice base package with most of the toys included. Fun car with the top up or down.

BMW M6 Convertible
By M6 in AZ on 05/22/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This car is an amazing engineering feat. It is meant to be driven hard, not tamely. The entire vehicle responds well when pushed hard. Of course it is the ultimate eye catcher. So enjoy.

BMW M6 is FUN!
By M6Wow! on 12/27/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I've had many Bimmers, but the M6 is absolutely incredible. You can't drive it without a smile on your face!!! Great power, more than I can ever possibly put to use... not that it isn't fun to get on it! Yet it feels very solid. I was going to go porsche turbo, but the M6 is much less jumpy and it's more comfortable. And I didn't buy it to race, so I like the extra room. If you like BMW, you're gonna love this car!!

Thrilled
By ExMBZ2000 on 12/24/06 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My new M6 replaces a 911 C4S and a BMW X5 - and superbly blends the two with speed, firmness of drive and wonderful comfort. Compliments for its looks are only surpassed by those for its growl. Shifting takes a few days to master smoothly (even in automatic) - the optional M-mode significantly adds HP and despite the luxurious drive, handling rivals the 911 (almost). The heads up display and paddle shifters in M-mode is cooler than my cousin's F430 - and easier to drive. The sport seats are the most comfortable I've experienced. HD sound playing from Satellite or FM is fantastic and the voice command audio makes getting the music right easy while paying attention to the road. Great ride - A+.

Spaceship @ Warpspeed
By jlhfcg on 12/12/06 17:05 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This car craves the autobahn. I am consistently going 10 to 20 mph over the speed limit w/o meaning to. The car seems to idle @ 70 mph. Great power, I would like to change the rear end to a Dinan3.91 for better low end speed. I love this car. Gas mileage as one would expect is horrible, but that goes with the 500 hp territory.

BMW M6 Convertible
By NabeO on 11/27/06 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I was excited when my dealer told me a new black M6 convertible was in stock so I rushed out to get this baby. About a month of ownership later, I am so disappointed with this car that I may burn my BMW fan club card. I'm close to swearing off BMWs and giving Mercedes or Lexus a try. I loved BMWs in the first place due to their engineering, reliability, style, and service. So far, the M6C's engineering is questionable, reliability pitiful, style passable, and though the BMW service is superb, it has nothing to do with the physical car itself! My new M6C has been in the shop 4x in the last month and needless to say, it's the most unreliable BMW I've ever purchased; and I've owned 6 so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.