Used 2007 BMW M6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M6 model:

It *IS* my everyday car
By matomizer

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my everyday car, except for my wife's minivan which I don't really drive. I love love love this car. I bought it used a year and a half ago and it has never ceased to amaze me every time I get behind the wheel. I don't mind the smg. I just shift it how I want anyway and go back and forth between auto and manual. I played around with the shift points until I just finally left it on default. I love being able to just BE where I want to be in traffic without thinking. BMW was faithful to the spirit of man when they built this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the M button. I don't have to drive around like a maniac all the time, only when I want to.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders of course need to be reworked, but I will say you better have a lid on any drink you might have inside the car. You never know when the urge to pull G's around a hair pin turn is going to strike, or the need to go 150+ MPH, or the need to go 0-100 when the light turns green.

A track car, not for every day use
By nyfo

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Speed, engine sound, interior, exterior - awesome! That's why I bought it.. But SMG... Yes, you can adopt, learn how to drive it smoothly. But if you have to "adopt" every time you drive it - it becomes a pain. Took it on the track - INCREDIBLE power, handling in M mode, everything. But driving it every day - SMG kills it all. Hopefully they will put a new "double clutch" on it I have on my Z4 now. That would make this car an absolute dream!

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, sound, feel.

Suggested Improvements

Change SMG with double clutch and move the stupid cup holder from the passenger laps.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE M6
By Philip

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 developed a thirst for oil at just 1,800 kilometres and used an average of 1 litre of oil per 1,000 kilometres until BMW agreed to replace the engine. A combination of having to stop every 1,000 kilometres to top up the oil and a faulty tyre pressure indicator made BMW's fastest convertible actually slower on trips than my daughter's Smart ForTwo. Add to this the fact that BMW Australia apparently don't stock parts and the fact that you can't buy tyres for them and you've got a car that reminds me of the old Jaguar joke that you need to buy 2 of them so you'll always have 1 to drive while the other one is in being fixed.

BMW M6 Coupe
By Terry

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I ordered this vehicle new in 2007. The car is everything I expected. My M6 averages 24.4 mpg highway at 80 mph. Much better the the 4.4 X5 Sport that gets 18.4 highway. The M6 has the styling, power and performance that is advertised. I would recommend the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Typical BMW flawless and precision assembly. The vehicle is fun to drive and has plenty of power.

What an AWESOME car!!
By PainMD

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I purchased my 2007 BMW M6 Convertible about 10 months ago. I decided to hold off on submitting my review until now because I like to form a close relationship with my vehicle before singing its accolades. Well, all I can say is that this car has exceeded all my expectations. It is simply the best car I have ever owned, bar none. The car is an absolute blast to drive. For the first time, I actually look forward to getting up in the morning to drive the 20 miles to my office. Same applies to my drive home from work. The V10 engine is sublime. The handling is confidence-inspiring. The build quality is second to none. As far as the iDrive and SMG are concerned, I love them both.

Favorite Features

The 500HP V10, the 'Power' button, the suspension, the iDrive system. Anyone with basic knowledge of how to use a computer will have absolutely no problem with the iDrive. I love using it.

Suggested Improvements

NONE.