2007 BMW M6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M6 model:
It *IS* my everyday car
By matomizer on 06/14/11 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my everyday car, except for my wife's minivan which I don't really drive. I love love love this car. I bought it used a year and a half ago and it has never ceased to amaze me every time I get behind the wheel. I don't mind the smg. I just shift it how I want anyway and go back and forth between auto and manual. I played around with the shift points until I just finally left it on default. I love being able to just BE where I want to be in traffic without thinking. BMW was faithful to the spirit of man when they built this car.

A track car, not for every day use
By nyfo on 06/01/11 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Speed, engine sound, interior, exterior - awesome! That's why I bought it.. But SMG... Yes, you can adopt, learn how to drive it smoothly. But if you have to "adopt" every time you drive it - it becomes a pain. Took it on the track - INCREDIBLE power, handling in M mode, everything. But driving it every day - SMG kills it all. Hopefully they will put a new "double clutch" on it I have on my Z4 now. That would make this car an absolute dream!

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE M6
By Philip on 01/11/10 23:13 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 developed a thirst for oil at just 1,800 kilometres and used an average of 1 litre of oil per 1,000 kilometres until BMW agreed to replace the engine. A combination of having to stop every 1,000 kilometres to top up the oil and a faulty tyre pressure indicator made BMW's fastest convertible actually slower on trips than my daughter's Smart ForTwo. Add to this the fact that BMW Australia apparently don't stock parts and the fact that you can't buy tyres for them and you've got a car that reminds me of the old Jaguar joke that you need to buy 2 of them so you'll always have 1 to drive while the other one is in being fixed.

BMW M6 Coupe
By Terry on 12/10/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I ordered this vehicle new in 2007. The car is everything I expected. My M6 averages 24.4 mpg highway at 80 mph. Much better the the 4.4 X5 Sport that gets 18.4 highway. The M6 has the styling, power and performance that is advertised. I would recommend the vehicle.

What an AWESOME car!!
By PainMD on 08/31/08 01:18 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I purchased my 2007 BMW M6 Convertible about 10 months ago. I decided to hold off on submitting my review until now because I like to form a close relationship with my vehicle before singing its accolades. Well, all I can say is that this car has exceeded all my expectations. It is simply the best car I have ever owned, bar none. The car is an absolute blast to drive. For the first time, I actually look forward to getting up in the morning to drive the 20 miles to my office. Same applies to my drive home from work. The V10 engine is sublime. The handling is confidence-inspiring. The build quality is second to none. As far as the iDrive and SMG are concerned, I love them both.

2007 BMW M6
By Marc on 03/11/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This car incredibly fun to drive and the handling is second to none.

M6 has looks, style, speed, comfort
By Terry on 10/27/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Yes I ordered and waited for my M6 coupe to arrive. After the 1200 mile break-in to get the additional 100HP the fun begins. Launch control is awesome! Yes, I said launch control. Your BMW dealership generally does not tell you about this hidden feature that launches you from a stop right into the future. You can experience all 505HP and accelerate from 0-60 in no time. Quite the rush! The M6 gets respect on the highway and all the looks in the city. Another great vehicle from the BMW family.

My White 2006 M6 Coupe
By EricB_M607 on 08/22/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I traded up from a Yellow M3. Everyone had to look at that car whether it was in awe or disgust. However, until I got my M6, never has a member of the opposite sex flirted with me from their car. It has happened 5 times since July 15th. This car turns heads who see it. Moreover it turns heads of people who hear it going by. The acceleration over 90 MPH is insane, and it feels like 0-100 mph is only 6.2. Would prefer if it had more distinctive flare like my M3. It does not even have a raised hood. When you sit down in it and turn it on, and it rumbles into place, there is not much better a feeling to a driving person on Earth. If you are looking at Porsche turbo, drive this car too!

Fun Fun Car to drive
By dstoneca on 07/22/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Awesome power! Great stability in turns at high speed. Nice base package with most of the toys included. Fun car with the top up or down.

BMW M6 Convertible
By M6 in AZ on 05/22/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This car is an amazing engineering feat. It is meant to be driven hard, not tamely. The entire vehicle responds well when pushed hard. Of course it is the ultimate eye catcher. So enjoy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.