Used 2010 BMW M5 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Bmw M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (3 reviews )

Critics are too OLD!
By m3isme

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Have used my friends for a month (we traded I have an M3) and it's a great car! So many complaints from critics, but the trick is that you really have to tinker with the settings first. Everything is programmable. Set the M mode to everything power and it's frighteningly fast. For people who complain about the stability control not being able to fully disengage, you're testing the car in a controlled environment. In a real world setting, a car with this much power and this much mass needs it to be on. Steering is a bit numb however. Sound system and idrive are a big upgrade. Styling is still understated. Seats are very comfortable. Overall great car, but still love my M3.

The best ever
By JORGE

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I do have the pleasure to tell you guys, that If you get one of this you will never, ever have a day without fun on the road driving the v10 M. It is really a nice sedan and a sport car at same time.

Favorite Features

pick, on this car it is incredible, but the brakes really do their job.

Suggested Improvements

Make a bigger fuel tank, too much fun you need to have more gas on the v10..

Great uncomfortable car for everyday
By Walter

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my fifth BMW and third M car. First M5. Ive had 3 series, M3, M5 and now I also have a 750Li. I don't expect any comfort for a M car but this is harsh, Too harsh. It is not right for everyday car but I've seen M5s in NYC streets. I can not imagine driving them in NYC. I live in Los Angeles where streets are little better than NYC. The performance is excellent however I do not know if it is worth more than the E90 M3, I never owned but driven a few times. The quality is terrible. I had more mechanical trouble with this car in last few month than I had with all BMWs in last ten years. I became close friends with my dealership's chief mechanic.

Favorite Features

The performance is excellent, engine sounds awesome, car has many features other cars should adopt immediately such as bolstered seats.Features in this cars such as rear shades, dual climate and IPOD is great. Many features other 5 series of it era did not have. The SMG feels very direct and sporty

Suggested Improvements

Engine is stretched to the limit and it has many problems. Wish BMW built a more reliable engine next time Seems like 4.4 twin turbo engine is reliable enough.. The transmission is just garbage. It needs DCT from M3 or adopt PDK from Porsche. Wish the engine had more torque. I get smoked by MERC AMG