2010 BMW M5 Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (3 reviews )
Critics are too OLD!
By m3isme on 03/24/11 11:52 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Have used my friends for a month (we traded I have an M3) and it's a great car! So many complaints from critics, but the trick is that you really have to tinker with the settings first. Everything is programmable. Set the M mode to everything power and it's frighteningly fast. For people who complain about the stability control not being able to fully disengage, you're testing the car in a controlled environment. In a real world setting, a car with this much power and this much mass needs it to be on. Steering is a bit numb however. Sound system and idrive are a big upgrade. Styling is still understated. Seats are very comfortable. Overall great car, but still love my M3.

The best ever
By JORGE on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I do have the pleasure to tell you guys, that If you get one of this you will never, ever have a day without fun on the road driving the v10 M. It is really a nice sedan and a sport car at same time.

Great uncomfortable car for everyday
By Walter on 05/27/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my fifth BMW and third M car. First M5. Ive had 3 series, M3, M5 and now I also have a 750Li. I don't expect any comfort for a M car but this is harsh, Too harsh. It is not right for everyday car but I've seen M5s in NYC streets. I can not imagine driving them in NYC. I live in Los Angeles where streets are little better than NYC. The performance is excellent however I do not know if it is worth more than the E90 M3, I never owned but driven a few times. The quality is terrible. I had more mechanical trouble with this car in last few month than I had with all BMWs in last ten years. I became close friends with my dealership's chief mechanic.