No More 2nd Thoughts
By Marc on
2008 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)
Ist new car, 1st BMW, and I was worried about the price. I just got it and all of the buyer's remorse/doubts are now gone. It's incredible & I love it! Did I say that it's incredible! Great performance & I am still in the break in period (<1200mls=<1/2 pedal,<5500 rpm). The only drawback is the gas mileage - I knew it was 11/17 mpg (more like 7 in stop and go-18 hwy @80mph & 11.5 combined-and I am babying the car right now!). But experiencing it first hand is something else! Interlagos Blue M5=Headturner!!
Favorite Features
Head Up Display-not necessary, but I love it! MF ventilated seats-love the ventilation; like/neutral about the auto back support-all my buddies think its great and get a kick out of the auto adjustments. Worth the cost? Extended leather + Alcantara liner =great look!
Suggested Improvements
SMG slightly clunky as u downshift to 1st&stop at slow speeds. Normally you'd hold the clutch and stop via braking, the SMG uses engine braking too, which is not bad, just slightly jerky and different as you put it into 1st gear. IDrive backlight won't go off, even if you power it down-not too bad