Buttoned down ground pounder
By Gary on
2007 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)
I find the car a real kick in the pants to drive. It is refined when called for but hit the m button and hold on . What a monster. But this car is the most precise and accurate steering car I have ever driven. It corners like it is on rails. Roll into a tight turn and Punch it and it just hunkers down, rolls out on azimuth, and jumps out like somebody kicked it from behind. Lots of cool cars on the street with wicked exhausts. But you can take em in this car. If you have turn nothing but a pure supercar can keep up. The transmission takes a little getting used to but bottom line. I love it! Acceleration is smooth, fast and predictable.
Favorite Features
Handling and accuracy of the steering. The ability to take a turn flat at high speed and roll out on course with no correction or understeer is exhilarating. I have yet to push this car hard enough to get it do anything but deliver. It kinda makes you wanna test the laws of physics.
Suggested Improvements
Mileage awful, when I first noticed the mileage I was getting was the first time I stopped smiling. A moment later I punched it and started smiling again. If you watch the gas gauge you are going to depress yourself. So just drive it like you stole it.