2007 BMW M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (13 reviews )
Little disappointed
By georgoi on 04/03/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This was one of the first 6 speed MT cars in the US and I have to admit I was pretty angry to find out the traction control could not be turned off; no one told me this ahead of time. This is not in keeping with the M car concept. I don't know if this approach is an attempt to save the driveline or save drivers from themslves but either way, this should have been made clear BEFORE the car got to the US. I don't think I would have bought it if I had known. Otherwise the car is very well appointed and fun to drive. Handling even without EDC on is very good. Brakes are outstanding. Can't get over 12 mpg no matter how I drive, but what can you expect from a car like this?

FUN to drive
By Scott on 03/20/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I had a 545, and this is nothing like it. Way better gadgets. Improved navigation, heads up display is great, seats are much better and the acceleration is a great. The transmission is my favorite. Not for the wimpy driver.

This car is awesome
By don hurley on 12/22/06 17:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

The M5 is a legal race car. So many things to love about this car. It is also an eye catcher, mine is Indi-red exterior and red interior, very sharp! The SMG does take a little to get use to, but does give the car a racing feel. Oh, and the exhaust note is heaven.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.