2003 BMW M5 Consumer Review: Wonderful Car

2003 BMW M5 Sedan - Consumer Review

Wonderful Car
By alost on

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Far better than I expected. The nicest car I have owned. I have a 90's M3 and an 80's M5, but this exceeded my expectations. Most impressive is that it offers confidence-inspiring road feel while still providing a ride that is not jarring to passengers (unlike my Honda S2000 which can occasionally tire both driver and passenger).The engineers at BMW have achieved a suspension that provides appropriate feedback without undue harshness. The engine winds up like a turbine with an exhaust note that only hints of the power available. The interior is beautiful and uses leather on every surface save the cieling.

Perfect road feedback - confidence inspiring yet still offers a comfortable ride. Beautiful interior. Power - makes a 4000 pound car feel light.

Better interface for the GPS unit and expand its capabilities. My Garmin StreetPilot III unit is easier to use and contains more information. The two subwoofers eat up trunk excessive space. The shift throw is too long and lacks crispness.