2003 BMW M5 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fast, Comfortable, Safe

2003 BMW M5 Sedan - Consumer Review

Fast, Comfortable, Safe
By Goody4 on

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

It's amazing how vault-like the M5 feels when you get inside and close the door. The interior feels great, the seats are the best I've ever had. I find the dash--with its silver aluminum trim and black padding--a litte too Teutonic for my tastes. It's a (dark) look I'm slowly getting used to, but not really warming up to. Surprisingly, the car is quiet under all conditions, even full throttle is a bit subdued. It's absolutely effortless to drive. It doesn't handle as well as my M3, but with 800 more pounds, I guess it isn't meant to. Still, it's no slouch going into the twisties. It feels so composed under all conditions.

Favorite Features

DVD Navigation is remarkable. It shows every snake path and logging trail around. The front and back ultrasonic park aid is the best feature. Two seperate audible tones are used to alert the driver how close an object is.

Suggested Improvements

The message center in the instrument cluster AND the board computer in the nav screen are unnecessarily redundant. The worst-designed and worst-positioned cupholders ever. The misplaced coin holder in the driver's door.