Used 2003 BMW M5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (40 reviews )

this car is sick
By forum325

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing, i've had it a few months now and i am absoltely in love with it. ive had many hig performance autos in my days but none mix performance/reliability/safety/style and comfort like my m5 does.

engine/transmission and the seats

faster, it could always be faster, im thinking about sending it to DINAN for their new performance package, 470 hp!

M5
By Love my car

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first real fast car that I have ever had. Its been a 1 1/2 years now since I got my M5 and I still get as excited to get in it and drive it as I did the day I got it.If you own one of these cars and get the opportunity to have a professional show you what it can do on the track, DO IT. The cars limitations are well beyond what most people think. I then had the chance to have the instructor sit next to me and teach me how to drive the car. Just unbelievable what this car can do but yet I can throw my 2 kids and wife in it and go out. I love it.

The fact that you are driving a race car but you can put your family in it as well. Too many features to list

Cup holders. clutch needs to be improved. I have had to replace mine at 15,000 miles. GPS needs to be touch screen and not CD based.Phone system needs to be improved.

Fast, Comfortable, Safe
By Goody4

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

It's amazing how vault-like the M5 feels when you get inside and close the door. The interior feels great, the seats are the best I've ever had. I find the dash--with its silver aluminum trim and black padding--a litte too Teutonic for my tastes. It's a (dark) look I'm slowly getting used to, but not really warming up to. Surprisingly, the car is quiet under all conditions, even full throttle is a bit subdued. It's absolutely effortless to drive. It doesn't handle as well as my M3, but with 800 more pounds, I guess it isn't meant to. Still, it's no slouch going into the twisties. It feels so composed under all conditions.

DVD Navigation is remarkable. It shows every snake path and logging trail around. The front and back ultrasonic park aid is the best feature. Two seperate audible tones are used to alert the driver how close an object is.

The message center in the instrument cluster AND the board computer in the nav screen are unnecessarily redundant. The worst-designed and worst-positioned cupholders ever. The misplaced coin holder in the driver's door.

Best car I have owned
By ProRacer

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

The ultimate in both luxury and performance.

Engine, and everything else

Improvements? is that possible on a car like this?

Sleeper
By HotWheels

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

With 20,000 miles over 14 months, this car is incredible. Haven't had a bit of trouble. While the car is unbelivably doclie and easy to drive around town, step on it and the acceleration will peel the skin from your bones. Only car on the planet to combine superb luxury for 5 adults and and still blow away most anything on the road.

400 horse engine, 6 speed manual tranny, accomadations, classic BMW looks

Cupholders are worthless, lack of in- dash CD player, steering wheel control buttons need better ergonomics.