2003 BMW M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (40 reviews )
this car is sick
By forum325 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing, i've had it a few months now and i am absoltely in love with it. ive had many hig performance autos in my days but none mix performance/reliability/safety/style and comfort like my m5 does.

M5
By Love my car on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first real fast car that I have ever had. Its been a 1 1/2 years now since I got my M5 and I still get as excited to get in it and drive it as I did the day I got it.If you own one of these cars and get the opportunity to have a professional show you what it can do on the track, DO IT. The cars limitations are well beyond what most people think. I then had the chance to have the instructor sit next to me and teach me how to drive the car. Just unbelievable what this car can do but yet I can throw my 2 kids and wife in it and go out. I love it.

Fast, Comfortable, Safe
By Goody4 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

It's amazing how vault-like the M5 feels when you get inside and close the door. The interior feels great, the seats are the best I've ever had. I find the dash--with its silver aluminum trim and black padding--a litte too Teutonic for my tastes. It's a (dark) look I'm slowly getting used to, but not really warming up to. Surprisingly, the car is quiet under all conditions, even full throttle is a bit subdued. It's absolutely effortless to drive. It doesn't handle as well as my M3, but with 800 more pounds, I guess it isn't meant to. Still, it's no slouch going into the twisties. It feels so composed under all conditions.

Best car I have owned
By ProRacer on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

The ultimate in both luxury and performance.

Sleeper
By HotWheels on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

With 20,000 miles over 14 months, this car is incredible. Haven't had a bit of trouble. While the car is unbelivably doclie and easy to drive around town, step on it and the acceleration will peel the skin from your bones. Only car on the planet to combine superb luxury for 5 adults and and still blow away most anything on the road.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By The Knight on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted the best, so I purchased my M5. It's the best of luxury and sport. Capable of being a family sedan as well as a weekend sportster.

things
By ikel on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

there are lot of helpful little things that make the car nicer

street legal road racer
By racecar on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

this is a true racecar for the street. last year,as a benefit of buying the M5,i attended the performance track day in south carolina where we got to thrash M5s around the rack and skid pad for a day. these cars just keep giving and giving....power and control at the same time. i love this car it doesn't turn heads like a ferrari would, but it elicits appreciative glances and thumbs up from knowlegeable car folk. and it ran nose to nose with a ferrari 360 one sunday morning on interstate 95 from the entrance ramp to well north of 150mph. the ferrari quit

Wonderful Car
By alost on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Far better than I expected. The nicest car I have owned. I have a 90's M3 and an 80's M5, but this exceeded my expectations. Most impressive is that it offers confidence-inspiring road feel while still providing a ride that is not jarring to passengers (unlike my Honda S2000 which can occasionally tire both driver and passenger).The engineers at BMW have achieved a suspension that provides appropriate feedback without undue harshness. The engine winds up like a turbine with an exhaust note that only hints of the power available. The interior is beautiful and uses leather on every surface save the cieling.

the M5 rocks
By clayton__ on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

I love my BMW M5. It is so fast. It also looks hot. I do not want to have any other besides the BMW M5.