2000 BMW M5 Consumer Review: Unequaled Luxury Rocket

2000 BMW M5 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.9L V8 6-speed Manual)

Unequaled Luxury Rocket
By Bob on

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I sold my E36 M3 after I bought this car. I loved the M3, but hauling a teenage daughter and her friends around, I needed a 4-door. This car not only is much faster than the M3 was, but actually handles better as well, in spite of the extra weight! Incredibly neutral and smooth. Just aim and turn, no fuss, no drama. The acceleration is not to be believed! Fantastic! The car is already a classic and I've been followed to my destination and complimented/quizzed several times by those in the know. I was lucky to find a one-owner with just under 31K on the clock. But then, I'd been looking for 6 months. You'd think it was right off the showroom floor by its condition. Absolutely love it!

Effortless, endless POWER, comfort and STEALTH! Looks damn good, too! Four doors and real seating for five. The car makes it difficult to act one's age.

Do I need to mention the cup holders? And those of you complaining about fuel mileage, I know that gas is rapidly approaching $4 per, but there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Drive the Kia to work. But you won't enjoy it.