Used 2000 BMW M5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (37 reviews )

Cuts the road like a hot knife in butter
By Dr Dirt

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

Makes one very aware of where you are... and if you want to go anywhere you simply look and go! Excellent brakes and performance.

Favorite Features

Smoothness.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

M5 Perfection
By Lucky M5 Owner

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for nearly 7 years, and since I've never owned ANY car for more that 3-4 years, I've tried to look for something more exciting to replace it with for the last 3 years. There truly has been nothing out there that packs as much perfect styling, acceleration, comfort and overall fun factor as this "family" sedan. I finally found another 4 door car that just got released (CLS63 AMG) that has taken what M5 created, and stepped up the technology and power, while keeping the concept of having the most fun on the road while hauling a family of 4 and blowing the doors of anything in your path. The M5 experience has been precious!

Favorite Features

Engine, engine, engine. The build quality is exceptional, not a rattle anywhere after 7 years!

Suggested Improvements

Did the warranty really have to run out after 4 years?

Amazing
By Mark

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

My dream car was a 911 forever. When I went to buy one, I didn't fit. This became my dream car and I am so glad. Amazing performance - AMAZING. Faster than most everything, subtle looks, comfy and did I mention FAST! Great mileage for a 400HP sedan - 23+mpg when cruising on the freeway. It's a 911 with 4 doors. For the money I dont think it can be beat by anything on the road. Very refined vehicle.

Favorite Features

Power, stereo, navigation

Suggested Improvements

Really none come to mind.

Holding Strong, Great Deal
By Driven

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

Now that the new M5 has appeared in the US Market, the previous generation has become quite a bargain. Still turns heads, still drives like a rocket, but you can buy one for less than $30,000. Tremendous deal. Always have it examined by a dealership before you buy. Anticipate (and budget) higher than average maintenance expenses, but not more than 200% of the average used car of this year. If you use a car an appliance to get from point A to point B, you will be happier with a Honda. If you love to drive, this is the car for you. The staggered tire sizes means no rotating tires. No spare tire, no run flat tires. Better know how to drive a stick. Higher maintenance costs than a Toyota.

Favorite Features

400hp, traction control to keep the power under control. Great stereo. Impress clients without spending a fortune.

M5
By The beast

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

This car will be looked back on someday as a "classic." It is an amazing car. 400 HP 4-door sedan...it is one of a kind. I cant explain how fun it is to drive.

Favorite Features

performance and handling

Suggested Improvements

love everything about it