2000 BMW M5 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (37 reviews )
The ultimate beast
By M5 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is amazing.

Best Car I Ever Had
By Myron Draper on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 2000 BMW M5 is the ultimate driving machine. It's by far the best car I ever owned. The classic beauty and drive are unparallelled.

Hot Wheels At Its Best
By JonJon on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

To just look is not 2b believed. Out performs anything in or out of its class. BMW has worked their magic on refining a passenger vehicle with sports car demeaner. A pleasure to catch the expressions on the many faces as it passes and the will to go above & beyond. A fun car for every day commuting & a blast on the weekend countryside roads.This is truly the total package in a car well designed & engineered. Hats off to those at BMW for making available such an automobile.Thank You

No compromise required!
By allan2 on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I can't spend enough time in this car. It's power, handling, flexibility and creature comforts, all with seating for 5, are just not available anywhere else. (Sorry MB E55) The engine is rock solid, although the ECU is a little finicky, reporting errors fairly regularly, but my local dealer has been outstanding in fixing any issues under warranty AND providing a no charge rental. I very much like the stealth nature of this car. Only true car nuts recognize it, but with tires wider than the 540's, and a slighly lower suspension, it looks taut and forboding without screaming out that fact.

Best Car in the World
By M5 Greatest Car on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Do you like to get whiplash while accelerating? How about blowing away Porsches and Ferraris? Then you should definetely drive this car!!! The power is amazing and the the handling is superb. This car has style, elegance, comfort, and to date, the most power out of any sedan in the WORLD!!! No car even come close to the overall feeling you get from driving this truly exceptional machine! Once again, BMW is way ahead of competition such as the E55.

Killer M5
By cdnhoser on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Awesome car.

fantastic
By Gregory E G on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owner many different sportscars from all the major manufacturers, Porsche 911, 1994 Maqzda RX-7, etc. All of them were fantastic but none of them can compare to the M5. I cannot imagine ever finding the combination of true sportscar performance with the 5 series comforts and features. My only gripe is gas mileage which makes me wince a bit. My 911 got ok mileage, (20-25 mpg) my M5 gets (12-17 mpg).

I've been spoiled
By JLEE on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've driven many cars, but this has got to be the most balanced car there is on the market. I commute in this beauty, but it is still a joy to drive at mortal speeds...moving into the fast lane, well, it's fast acting prozac on wheels. I bought a used 2000 with 11,000 miles on it, but it ran like a new one (after looking at the history of the former owner 60 year old male--I snatched it for 63,000 out the door one 6 months ago.) If you don't have quite the amount needed for a new one, shop until you drop--you won't be sorry.

Long live the King
By jared on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The M5 is definitely the pinnicle of the sports sedan market. The E 55 doesn't come with a manual transmission, the S6 is too soft and loads up in the corners, and the XJR is just too heavy. BMW has given these cars telepathic handling, perfectly weighted steering, and one of the best transmissions I have ever used. The perfect, seamless blend of raw power, race inspired handling, BMW luxury. All hail the king!

Sex or driving the M5 mmmm?
By Phat M5 on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Why do car magazines tell you to sell your soul to own a certain car? Because cars like the M5 exist! This is the finest car made in the world. Making this car your daily driver will ensure you smile everyday. The acceleration, handling, comfort and brakes strike a balance no one else has. Don't waste your time on the E55 or the XJR. This is it.