2000 BMW M5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (37 reviews )
What can you say
By David Edwards on 02/23/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

Awesome acceleration and braking. Matchless handling and space for a saloon/sedan. It's reputation goes before it and people still ask to see the engine, after all this time.

A perfect 4 door sports car
By les hodges on 01/03/08 16:33 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 19,000 miles and drove it for 30,000 enjoyable miles! It's fast, comfortable, gets around 19 mpg around town, and handles like a true 4 door sports car. This series of M5 is now the bargain of the new century.

Ultimate driver
By Mike Adamson on 08/10/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

The only limitation with this car is the local inadequate road system and poor drivers who get in the way.

An Amazing Sedan from BMW
By Robert Ritz on 04/03/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I l ike everything about the M5. The car is stable, comfortable, and very fast. The M5 puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it.

The bad beast
By brunosam on 02/03/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I echo most other reviews - a pure rocket to drive, very comfortable, I think the best sedan ever built! I have owned 911s, 924Ss, 3-series bimmers, this car blows everything away! I'll probably buy an '03 M5 next, since I am not a fan of the E60 body style (yet, anyway!).

Cuts the road like a hot knife in butter
By Dr Dirt on 10/30/06 15:17 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

Makes one very aware of where you are... and if you want to go anywhere you simply look and go! Excellent brakes and performance.

M5 Perfection
By Lucky M5 Owner on 09/17/06 06:59 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for nearly 7 years, and since I've never owned ANY car for more that 3-4 years, I've tried to look for something more exciting to replace it with for the last 3 years. There truly has been nothing out there that packs as much perfect styling, acceleration, comfort and overall fun factor as this "family" sedan. I finally found another 4 door car that just got released (CLS63 AMG) that has taken what M5 created, and stepped up the technology and power, while keeping the concept of having the most fun on the road while hauling a family of 4 and blowing the doors of anything in your path. The M5 experience has been precious!

Amazing
By Mark on 07/18/06 13:30 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

My dream car was a 911 forever. When I went to buy one, I didn't fit. This became my dream car and I am so glad. Amazing performance - AMAZING. Faster than most everything, subtle looks, comfy and did I mention FAST! Great mileage for a 400HP sedan - 23+mpg when cruising on the freeway. It's a 911 with 4 doors. For the money I dont think it can be beat by anything on the road. Very refined vehicle.

Holding Strong, Great Deal
By Driven on 04/01/06 19:43 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

Now that the new M5 has appeared in the US Market, the previous generation has become quite a bargain. Still turns heads, still drives like a rocket, but you can buy one for less than $30,000. Tremendous deal. Always have it examined by a dealership before you buy. Anticipate (and budget) higher than average maintenance expenses, but not more than 200% of the average used car of this year. If you use a car an appliance to get from point A to point B, you will be happier with a Honda. If you love to drive, this is the car for you. The staggered tire sizes means no rotating tires. No spare tire, no run flat tires. Better know how to drive a stick. Higher maintenance costs than a Toyota.

M5
By The beast on 01/04/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2000 BMW M5 4dr Sedan

This car will be looked back on someday as a "classic." It is an amazing car. 400 HP 4-door sedan...it is one of a kind. I cant explain how fun it is to drive.