Powerful, great on the eyes, gulps gas
By BTN on
2011 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)
Ive had my M3 for a little over a month now--only put on about 500 miles so far, but its a BLAST to drive. With the 414HP, V8 by far the most powerful car I've ever driven/owned--esp coming from my 2007 IS 250. :) 14 mpg in the city no matter how easy you are on the pedals is a bit annoying, but you have to take good with the bad--kind of a "rare" car depending on where you live. I'm in Houston and Ive seen 2 other coupes, and NO sedans so far, so its nice to stand out a bit. :) Had my M3 "stripped"--i.e. speed cloth, 6MT, no navigation, no EDC, but I don't miss a thing. Love every second in this car--hopefully it holds up after warranty!
Favorite Features
Exterior design, "power dome" hood is just sexy as hell. Shifter is a bit "rubbery" and not as smooth as other cars, but still a blast to drive. The power you get once you start pushing the car a bit is intoxicating--cant wait for break in period to expire.
Suggested Improvements
1st to 2nd gear is REALLY notchy, dont think there's any fix for that and overall wish the shifting was a bit more smooth. Also wish there was more low end torque--sometimes get beat off the line by a civic, but honestly I don't care. Make it more fuel efficient! 14 mpg city? C'mon BMW