2011 BMW M3 Consumer Review: Bad to the Bone

2011 BMW M3 - Consumer Review

2011 BMW M3

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

Bad to the Bone
By imforgvn on

2011 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 2011 M3 for about 6 months. It is actually a dual clutch 7 speed. It's fast. It's sexy. It handles like its on rails. A real fun car to drive. Gets a lot of attention. Blast it straight or bend it around a country road and you just won't want to put it away. I'm a big fan of late 60s muscle cars and this reminds me a lot of the Chevelle with its deep exhaust note and off the line g force. Biggest difference is that it will handle the road like nothing else. The stereo is absolutely tight, even at ear splitting volume. I've never felt so safe or confident in a car like I do in the M. A touch of the wheel and it goes where you want. Brakes are HUGE and smooth. I am a lucky man!

Quickness. Handling. Looks. Did I mention how sexy/beautiful this car is?

I'd like a temporary (like 10 seconds) kill switch for the ABS/Anti-Skid so I can burn some rubber without having to program the M drive. I don't like the "active" headrest. I like having my head against the headrest when I'm punching through the gears. The first few times I slammed my head against it because I wasn't prepared for the g forces. Other than that, I'd love to meet the design team.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review