Used 2011 BMW M3 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

Bad to the Bone
By imforgvn

2011 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 2011 M3 for about 6 months. It is actually a dual clutch 7 speed. It's fast. It's sexy. It handles like its on rails. A real fun car to drive. Gets a lot of attention. Blast it straight or bend it around a country road and you just won't want to put it away. I'm a big fan of late 60s muscle cars and this reminds me a lot of the Chevelle with its deep exhaust note and off the line g force. Biggest difference is that it will handle the road like nothing else. The stereo is absolutely tight, even at ear splitting volume. I've never felt so safe or confident in a car like I do in the M. A touch of the wheel and it goes where you want. Brakes are HUGE and smooth. I am a lucky man!

Quickness. Handling. Looks. Did I mention how sexy/beautiful this car is?

I'd like a temporary (like 10 seconds) kill switch for the ABS/Anti-Skid so I can burn some rubber without having to program the M drive. I don't like the "active" headrest. I like having my head against the headrest when I'm punching through the gears. The first few times I slammed my head against it because I wasn't prepared for the g forces. Other than that, I'd love to meet the design team.

2011 BMW M3 Coupe Review
By NC Car Guy

2011 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought this 2011 Ultimate Driving Machine. Two exotic cars in one fine package. I had a 2007 Porsche. The M3 Coupe has the Porsche inspired performance, but 4 people ride in the M3 (if allowed by owner). The rear seats fold down, it stores plenty of luggage, groceries, etc. Front-to- Rear weight ratio is 50%-50%. Options: 7 speed dual clutch system / F1 paddle shift or automatic drive logic programs, Competition Package, rear power sunshade. Drive it to work, around town, it is a dream. When track Club clinic days arrive, growl around everything in turns...It has more grip and agility than cars twice the price. 2011 is the Final year for the M3 V-8 forever. Don't wait, seriously.

Exterior and interior design, ergonomic layout, comfort. Competition pkg, Dual clutch 7 speed transmission, the 414 HP V-8 that growls like a beast. The audio system, rear power sunshade, driver selectable feature programing key preferences, the 19" wheels, fold down rear seats, build quality 10+

For 2011, nothing. HQ got it right and listened to customers. They improved the right things, not just upgraded plastic parts. BMW didn't convert a modest production car into an M3 like Cadillac did with the CTS-V. Cadillac forgot a rear differential cooler & locking fuel door too. M3 for me. No GM.

Fun when you need it
By kis

2011 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned many great cars in the last 25 years including Porsches, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, and Lexus'. Without a doubt the 2011 M3 is one of my best purchases because it combines fun with comfort and (hopefully) reliability. The dual clutch is amazing and the engine strikes just the right note when you put your foot in it. Handling is superior and the brakes have been great for street use. I have also enjoyed the navigation, Sirius radio, and bluetooth features on my vehicle. To date (albeit brief) this car has been a pleasure. I decided on the M3 over the C63 because while the Merc is more entertaining on the street (great torque), the bimmer is the better balanced auto.

Dual Clutch Engine Electronics Comfortable Seats Great Driving Position

None come to mind.

Wonderful sound, great handling coupe
By JimWV

2011 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

First, do European delivery. This car was meant to take to the 'ring, drive on the autobahn and tour the Bavarian Alps. A true Jekyll and Hyde car. 6 speed man., 220m wheels, tech pack. Did not get the zcp comp. Pack. Amazing sounds and performance at higher rpms. Not a torque monster (it's normally aspirated after all) but the rush you get over 4,500 rpm is just amazing. Keep rpm down and it drives nicely and, considering it's a v8, does okay mileage-wise on the highway. Dial edc to comfort and it's a nice sporty ride. Go to sport, push the car, and it shows its other side. Carves like a knife. Incredibly composed either way.

-That normally aspirated V8... -Seats are perfectly bolstered; -Nice clutch feel -- firm but not heavy; -idrive is much improved from previous versions; -I honestly think that this is one of the nicest riding BMWs you can get. Amazing for an M car; -And did I mention that glorious V8?

-Steering can feel a bit too boosted. -Gearbox throw is a bit longish. -If you like the ZCP wheels and want a slight (10 MM) drop, get ZCP comp. package. While it would cost more than current ZCP, if BMW offered comp. pack w upgraded brakes and short shift kit I would have popped for it.

Too early but here is my 1st impression!
By Sameh

2011 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got the 2011 DCT coupe few days ago. Too early to give any objective opinion, but here is my first impression. Perfect look, wonít change a thing. Nice driver seat and cockpit. The M button does change throttle response and sharpness dramatically. You can drive it as a mellow C class Mercedes on 7th gear at 40 MPH going to Starbucks, or as a crazy beast in 3rd gear at 80 MPH merging onto a highway. Power is too much for the street, needs a track to enjoy it. Get used to shifting at 4000 RPM cause it doesn't feel right shifting before that but enjoy the sound. Take a c shaped exit on 70 MPH and life will never be the same. Tried Audi S5 twice, good car but M3 is in different league.

This car wants to be driven in SMG. Once on automatic it feels more like a nice Infiniti G37, but then why did you pay $30K more? Saying that, I have to say that gas mileage on SMG will be much worse since you will basically be shifting at min 3500 RPM. So forget about gas mileage and enjoy your M3

I can open the windows and the moon- roof with key fob but I canít close them from the same key fob, I would rather have the other way around for faster exit . Back seat is roomy. Idrive isnít complicated. Donít expect to find an M3 with just the bare minimum, they come loaded unless you pre-order it.