Used 2010 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW M3

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

The best M3 ever built!
By dennis_morales

2010 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this 2010 BMW M3 Sedan (E90). Everything you ever wanted from a sport car, the M3 has it. From its "explosive acceleration" to its "superb" handling & maneuvering, this piece of "technology" surpasses anyone's dreams. From he minute I took it out of the dealer, it has been nothing but "necks-turning" and compliments, everywhere I went, everywhere I go.

Favorite Features

From the comfort of its Red Novillo "all-leather" interiors and the "tight-fit" sport bucket seats, to the 410 Horsepower V8 power plant and "sophisticated" suspension system, these should be more than sufficient favorite features you could ask for.

Suggested Improvements

The only minor thing I could probably improve on my M3 would be a more "resonance" exhaust system. But, not everyone likes the "roar" of a mighty sport car these days, however if you consider your self to be a "performer driver" then you would probably agree with me. I'm just saying it...

Best car for the money
By Frank

2010 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

All Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati owners need to drive an M3 and see that you have wasted your money on the car you chose. The M3 is all the car you could ever want without going straight race car. BMW technology is exactly what they advertise, the ultimate driving machine

Favorite Features

double clutch transmission

Suggested Improvements

slightly improved fuel economy

Exceeded Expectations
By m3 Convert

2010 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Took the car into the dealership to assist w/setting up homelink and asked the service adviser if every M3 owner comes in with a big grin! He said Yes! There is nothing like a V-8 sound and this one sounds sweet! The DCT in M mode is fantastic! I am an old school manual shift guy or should I say was!! The only bad thing is the 1200 mile break -in period and then another 3000 miles of easy does it. However in this car the easy does it is all out performance for most cars. It is not a super car but who needs to say that to my M3. It thinks it is!! I was about to buy a Z06 to support the American cause, however, I drove this and I am afraid there was no comparison.

Favorite Features

There is a transfer of racing knowledge to the street!

Suggested Improvements

Shorten the break-in period! It is just torture!

Better than 911 or Benz AMG
By Driving Enthusiast

2010 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Hardtop convertible is best of both worlds. Was also considering C63 AMG and 911 SCab. The M3 performs better than 911 for $30k less, and out laughably out handles the AMG -- I also owned a C55 AMG previously and a Z06 Vette. M3 has the best balance of comfort, power, and handling of any car I've owned. I highly recommend the Tech Package for now other reason the the M-mode -- this allows you to change suspension, throttle response, and steering response with push of a button and transforms the car instantaneously (almost like a different car). The V8 sounds incredible and can't wait til spring so I can hear it with hardtop down. Must haves are Tech pkg, and upgrade wheels.

Favorite Features

M-button, hardtop convertible, engine tone, M-button, heat reflecting leather, handling...oh and did I mention the M-button?

Suggested Improvements

More inside storage would be nice, but heck it's not why I purchased the car. Also, the break-in period is 1200 miles which is tough to get to in Northeast during the winter. Also, wish they still had a plain metallic silver exterior.

You have to be kidding me
By Grinn'n

2010 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

This isn't going to be analytical and probably not so useful. But you don't buy this car with your brain engaged. An 8400 rpm V8 that is massively over square and revs like a rotary wankel. In a BMW. With an incredible musical howl. It's just off the scale. Wow.

Favorite Features

The dual clutch, in M drive, with M dynamic mode, and S5 shifting. Seriously, a factory race car including high speed shift kit.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making them. I have mine.