Good Step Up for Me
By Nawaaz Ismail on
2009 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)
Overall, I am happy with my decision of choosing the current M3 Sedan. I have had it for a good year now, and I have learned a lot from owning and driving it. Previously, I used to own a '06 Evo IX MR, and I sold it so that I could get into an M3. It's not really a step up in performance for me, but it's a much stronger built car, all the way from its tranny, to how the car feels so planted during higher speeds. I've had the opportunity to take my M3 to the track 5 times so far, and I expect to continue taking part in Driver's Education events every month. The M3 is not the perfect car out there, but it is the perfect car for me at this stage of my life.
Favorite Features
High-revving V8, solid shifting feel, nice-rich feel of the M steering wheel, exhaust note after upgrading with a full exhaust system, cloth/leather seats, freedom to turn traction control off (DSC OFF), aggressive looking 18" wheels/gray finish.
Suggested Improvements
Car needs to be at least 200 lbs lighter, BMW needs to find a solution for the 'tint-scratching' issue which happens primarily in the sedan version. Also, the stock exhaust note is way too quiet. The car needs stronger brakes, especially when one considers going to the track often.