Not worth it
By lindsayg on
2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)
I always considered a convertible M3 as my dream car and in 2008 I went out and bought one- brand new. It was gorgeous and "impressive" but totally and absolutely not worth the sticker price. It had so many stupid quirks that I rarely drove it, preferring my Volvo station wagon (!). I will never again buy a BMW and I pity the poor guy who got mine when I dumped it after 2 years and only 15,000 miles. I'm glad I got the BMW bug out of my system, but it cost a lot to be cured!
Favorite Features
Styling, inside and out. Face it, it is a sexy car. The leather feels like a designer purse and the outside is just beautiful- top up or down. I DID like the hardtop convertible and the motors never failed. The trunk space with the top up was surprisingly large and even pretty decent with the top down. I liked all the ways you could customize your settings (once you got your BMW PhD and figured them out). Frankly, I just liked looking at it.
Suggested Improvements
Where do I begin...? The radio stank, my Volvo's was so much better. The GPS was abomidably bad, even with the "upgrades". The dashboard computer didn't usually agree with the GPS screen's computer regarding oil level, which led to multiple trips to the dealership and wasted time. The pairing with a phone (bluetooth) or an iPod (aux) were awful and often locked up my Blackberry and my iPod. My computer would randomly lock up as well, which the dealer blamed on my infrequent use of the car. I bought an expensive battery-charge-keeper unit and there was NO improvement. They should have spent more time in R&D on their computer systems in a car that costs this much or not offered it.