Used 2008 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

my m3 coupe
By m3hot

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great combination of everyday practicality and speed and handling. Pricey but every option is available and quality seems to be excellent.

Favorite Features

V8. DCT, comfort of front seats, I like nav with iDrive - Lexus wouldn't let you use the system when you driving! Sound system with USB interface.

Suggested Improvements

ventilated seats

Love it
By Louie

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car. The Blue is fantastic. The leather is really high quality. Love the MDrive option because I drive this car daily in the summer and I don't need to spill my coffee at every stop light. Love the IDrive. I think the IDrive has gotten a bad rap from the non-computer literate generation out there. The car is simply everything good I wanted in a car, power, style, luxury, safety, performance, it's all there.

Favorite Features

Awesome sound system, great power, the sound of the exhaust during acceleration is addicting. The navigation works great here in central NY.

Suggested Improvements

I love to be able to customize the automated features of the car and would like to see more of that in the future.

If you like to drive
By Shaf

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Then you need to get this car. The engine sounds phenomenal and I'm still in the break-in period. The DCT transmission makes this car and I highly recommend getting it. The car's fit and finish is perfect. Everything is flush no creaks or rattles. The interior would use a bit more distinction from the regular 3 series but at the price we're paying compared to other countries it's acceptable.

Favorite Features

V8. Body style. Performance. Luxury accommodations.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive but changes are in store for MY2009

M3 - The new BEAST?
By googen

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

In the past 4 years I've had the e60 M5, 2007 M6 cabrio, and 2005 M3 cabrio. This car is built much better than all three of those. M6 and M5 are similar, and some would say in their own class. Yes and no, the M3 seems to be much more agile and nimble, which gives the impression of being just as fast if not faster. Interior is the same as any new BMW car, not that great, but better than the likes of MB or P-cars. Back seat is way better than 911 p-car, but still pathetic. Overall, I think this car actually has some value in it and in today's day and age is affordable for the supercar-like performance and feel. Thumbs up!

Favorite Features

Sound of exhaust, speed, looks, price to features ratio

Suggested Improvements

XM satellite, active seats (similar to e60 M5)

M3 Sedan
By Guitardrew

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. I have two young children which means that I need a car with 4 doors. I have owned a '98 E36 M3 sedan - which was fun and a '02 E39 M5 - which was fantastic (apart from the oil leaks & quirky electronic failures) both of which made me an avid M fan. However, when it came time to replace the M5 there was no 4 door M series available. So, I switched to Audi's S4. I was very surprised at how good the Audi was but it did not give me the same driving enjoyment as a BMW. When it came time to change the Audi I looked at the M5 and the M3 sedan. I liked the M5 but I could not see what I was getting for the extra $30K. The M3 is a perfect solution for me and my family... we love it!

Favorite Features

Brakes, engine (and exhaust noise at 4-5,000rpm), iDrive, comfort access, iPod integration, M button (so much easier than the two fingered salute on the E39 M5), phone integration, comfortable ride in normal mode and acceleration!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing critical but it does need a larger gas tank, addition of European style rear fog lights for use in heavy rain, back up camera, Acura style voice commands for navigation, headlamp washers