2008 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
my m3 coupe
By m3hot on 08/15/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great combination of everyday practicality and speed and handling. Pricey but every option is available and quality seems to be excellent.

Love it
By Louie on 08/14/08 06:20 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car. The Blue is fantastic. The leather is really high quality. Love the MDrive option because I drive this car daily in the summer and I don't need to spill my coffee at every stop light. Love the IDrive. I think the IDrive has gotten a bad rap from the non-computer literate generation out there. The car is simply everything good I wanted in a car, power, style, luxury, safety, performance, it's all there.

If you like to drive
By Shaf on 07/14/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Then you need to get this car. The engine sounds phenomenal and I'm still in the break-in period. The DCT transmission makes this car and I highly recommend getting it. The car's fit and finish is perfect. Everything is flush no creaks or rattles. The interior would use a bit more distinction from the regular 3 series but at the price we're paying compared to other countries it's acceptable.

M3 - The new BEAST?
By googen on 06/25/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

In the past 4 years I've had the e60 M5, 2007 M6 cabrio, and 2005 M3 cabrio. This car is built much better than all three of those. M6 and M5 are similar, and some would say in their own class. Yes and no, the M3 seems to be much more agile and nimble, which gives the impression of being just as fast if not faster. Interior is the same as any new BMW car, not that great, but better than the likes of MB or P-cars. Back seat is way better than 911 p-car, but still pathetic. Overall, I think this car actually has some value in it and in today's day and age is affordable for the supercar-like performance and feel. Thumbs up!

M3 Sedan
By Guitardrew on 06/21/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. I have two young children which means that I need a car with 4 doors. I have owned a '98 E36 M3 sedan - which was fun and a '02 E39 M5 - which was fantastic (apart from the oil leaks & quirky electronic failures) both of which made me an avid M fan. However, when it came time to replace the M5 there was no 4 door M series available. So, I switched to Audi's S4. I was very surprised at how good the Audi was but it did not give me the same driving enjoyment as a BMW. When it came time to change the Audi I looked at the M5 and the M3 sedan. I liked the M5 but I could not see what I was getting for the extra $30K. The M3 is a perfect solution for me and my family... we love it!

M3 Cab
By M3 Cab on 06/03/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had an E36 M3 & '00 M5. This car is significantly better. The ride & comfort are the best I've seen with such performance. Not the fastest car out, but the balance of power, ride and awesome handling make it a fantastic package. Top down motoring is amazingly smooth & wind protected, yet when you want it, the sound from the loud pedal is better than the killer sound system! I love the ride adjustability & being able to cruise smoothly or flog it on a moment's notice. It's hard NOT to smile while driving this car!

From 07 335i to 08 M3
By AirMonte on 05/25/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned 02 325 and 07 335i, I thought was the best BMW car made today. Went to the dealer for a service check walked out with an 08 M3. Why? The 08 M3 can go from 335i to Animal mode with a press of a button. The engine noise, throttle response, the handling, the 19" wheels with the billet brakes. They made everything in the car functional nothing cosmetic. Imola Red with the sunroof (CF roof was nice but my wife likes sunroof and that was the breaking point to purchase). The evil looks that every policeman gives you is priceless. Do not test drive the M3 if you don't have the money.

Best M3 ever!
By Steve on 05/18/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent overall ! Great performance, handling and build quality. Such a fun ride, engine note is awesome as well. Have had many AMG models, this M is probably best handling and driving enjoyment.

Had my E92 M3 for about 2 months now
By bmwawm3 on 05/14/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned E46 E36 E30 M3s and this is by far the quickest and best M3. I love the engine/exhaust noise when you hit above 5000rpm. You can't go wrong with this car.

Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde
By Kevin on 05/11/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

As smooth and easy to drive as a regular 3 series. Clutch is light and easy in stop and go. In M Mode it is a beast. The difference is night and day. More power than most will need. Putting racing pads on would make it a track ready car out of the box. Only problem, needs a bigger gas tank. Overall, the best car I have ever driven or owned. Amazing trunk space for a coupe! 2 six footers will fit in the back seats comfortably. Great car. Great build quality. No regrets.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.