Used 2008 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Love my M3
By Cordog

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a M3 and with the introduction of the new M in 08' I couldn't have picked a better time to get one. I decided to go with the hard top convertible to get the best of both worlds. True coupe like design and then who could argue the experience of open roof driving. I have invested in an amazing performance exhaust because I was a little disappointed with the stock sound... no way did it sound like a V- 8, but it sure does now!! I also put H&R Sport lowering springs on it to give the car an even more aggressive stance at stand still and it corners even better now... if you can improve on the amazing handling it came with.

Hard top, HD radio, and aggressive styling vs non M BMW 3 series cars.

While I am somewhat used to the iDrive I wish I had waited until the 09' model came out as it has the newer system included.

Lives up to its legendary billing!
By AbaundvrM3

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

All it took was one 5 mile test drive to realize this is a special car that lives up to every kudo the M nameplate has earned over the years. The 414hp pulls rapidly to the 8400 rpm redline and WOW, what music to the ears! There's NO car that sounds so perfect when running wide open down the Abaun! It's an absolute dream to drive with perfect balance and only a hint of understeer. I'm amazed at the usability and room in this vehicle. The interior is very comfortable and although it's a supercar I can still put the family in it to go cruising. The trunk is large and the interior volume/space is perfect for 4 persons. If you're looking for the ultimate car, look no more... the M3 is it!

V8 motor! The interior is very nicely appointed and roomy although slightly understated. The look of the car is sinister especially with the Alpine White and the carbon fiber roof... VERY SEXY! The car is an absolute dream and is simply hard to beat because it does everything so perfectly!

Being picky, maybe a little more gear than the 3.15 final ratio. 3.60 up to a 4.10 gear would turn this car into a monster and add some more torque to the ground yet would be usable/livable with the 6 spd manual or other transmissions BMW offers.

Car for all moods
By Kojjan

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

In terms of driving enjoyment this is the best car I have had. Wanted to point out the how nice it is to be able to switch from automatic mode when you feel like just cruising, to using the hand pedals when you feel like driving hard. Regardless of your mood you get best possible experience. In both situations the car handles great, and is fun. Having a cab that adds an additional dimension. So the new M3 Cab is the best possible combination of fun, diversity and quality of driving I have ever seen.

The gear box, engine, USB for music, looks.

Elegant Supercar
By jwalker-Ohio

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Drove a 2009 Porsche 911 with A/M before I drove the M3 6spd. The 911 didn't impress me. The M3 blew me away. Got it will all the options and brushed aluminum. It is very comfortable. Takes a little time to get used to shifting the manual. You can tell a major difference from M mode and regular mode. Fuel economy is almost the same in both so I usually just leave it in M. In M it is a rocket, in regular my 4-runner accelerates faster. Icontrol is easy to use and they seem to have thought of everything and put it in the right place.

Stare factor. Several people have nearly wrecked their cars trying to stare at mine. M-Mode, engine note in M mode. IControl, cool remote controlled convertible top, voice commands, handsfree phone, sat/HD radio, nav, heated seats in cool weather top down driving, thumb drive MP3 ports.

Vent leather seats w/AC. They don't get too hot but no air can circulate there (steamy). More HP, fstr 0-60 for convrtble & better MPG (turbo charge it). Better placement 4front license plate. I don't want to drill holes in the front bumper. Free rock chip insurance & buffing w/free maintenance (?)

new m3 convertible
By BOZO

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just brought my new 2008 m3 cab home. Traded a 2008 P 911S cab. The M3 is faster and tighter with 19s and M drive. I am really juiced. Have had a 2007 P911 turbo, a bmw 645, and another P911S cab in the last 4 years, but this seems to hold its own with the turbo and beat the rest. More comfortable the the Porsche with incredible handling. M3 has satellite radio, something Porsche did not offer until 2009 and then at a very steep option price. And my insurance went down to boot!

Balance between speed and handling together with comfort which far exceeds Porsche.

Larger glove compartment, otherwise nothing yet.