2008 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Does it all. Don't leave your gas card at home.
By indydave62 on 12/29/11 10:58 AM (PST)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2008 BMW M3 Convertible with the DCT transmission two weeks ago. It has all options except extended leather and parking sensors. This car is amazing. It's ridiculously powerful and fast. If you feel like being an F1 Driver, you can shift with the paddles, if you're feeling lazy (or commuting), you can just put it in "D" mode, and let the DCT do the work for you. With the convertible hardtop, the car is quiet and rattle-free. The stereo is excellent, and the seats are very adjustable, supportive and comfortable.

Not worth it
By lindsayg on 05/06/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I always considered a convertible M3 as my dream car and in 2008 I went out and bought one- brand new. It was gorgeous and "impressive" but totally and absolutely not worth the sticker price. It had so many stupid quirks that I rarely drove it, preferring my Volvo station wagon (!). I will never again buy a BMW and I pity the poor guy who got mine when I dumped it after 2 years and only 15,000 miles. I'm glad I got the BMW bug out of my system, but it cost a lot to be cured!

Underpowered
By douglas stewart on 06/17/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Dependable and comfortable. Fun to drive. Brakes great, handles well. But, built to keep you out of trouble. Underpowered as can be for the real enthusiast your better off building an American v8 in a muscle car. These are tame in comparison. IMO BMW built these for folks that really don't know what real power is. They are very tame. Stomp the gas and wait. Ya for yuppies it may be a little impressive but for real men its a disappointment on a high level. Forgettable power, lame. I will not buy another 1 unless they trust me not to crash it, they don't. Needs much more torque and or turbocharging.

Awesome-But not amazing
By Josh7881 on 08/31/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Having had an 03, 04, 05 M3 and recently the 08, I have been thrilled.The new body is great...just lacks the "stance" of a performance car. Materials are great, build quality is amazing. The interior is a little stale, even with the nav and extended leather. The car doesn't seem to have a "cockpit." The sport seats are comfortable, but not sporty feeling at all. Also-BMW PLEASE MOVE WINDOW SWITCHES BACK TO CENTER!!! No major problems...OH WAIT! They have depreciated so much it is ridiculous. I just got $44,900 for mine. (That was the highest of 8 dealers) I paid $69,900 fully loaded from the factory. Only had 12K miles, no scratches, etc. WORD OF ADVICE-DO NOT BUY NEW!!!!!! Buy slightly used.

M3 Perfection
By MMMMMMMM3 on 08/04/09 16:34 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've always been a Porsche guy & even tried an 08 Vette for a while but a baby meant I needed a 4 door or I was sentenced to driving the wife's car all the time. I looked at the IS-F, E55, & C63 before buying the E90 M3. One drive and you'll understand. The feel, sounds, handling etc are all unbelievable. When you are done driving like you stole it, it is a very civilized cruising car for the whole family. None of the competitors come close. I honestly didn't think I'd like the M3 from reading about it as I thought it wouldn't have the torque to make me happy. I couldn't stop grinning on the test drive. Drive one and you will understand. The M3 is the best all around car on the market.

Love my M3
By Cordog on 07/21/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a M3 and with the introduction of the new M in 08' I couldn't have picked a better time to get one. I decided to go with the hard top convertible to get the best of both worlds. True coupe like design and then who could argue the experience of open roof driving. I have invested in an amazing performance exhaust because I was a little disappointed with the stock sound... no way did it sound like a V- 8, but it sure does now!! I also put H&R Sport lowering springs on it to give the car an even more aggressive stance at stand still and it corners even better now... if you can improve on the amazing handling it came with.

Lives up to its legendary billing!
By AbaundvrM3 on 01/24/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

All it took was one 5 mile test drive to realize this is a special car that lives up to every kudo the M nameplate has earned over the years. The 414hp pulls rapidly to the 8400 rpm redline and WOW, what music to the ears! There's NO car that sounds so perfect when running wide open down the Abaun! It's an absolute dream to drive with perfect balance and only a hint of understeer. I'm amazed at the usability and room in this vehicle. The interior is very comfortable and although it's a supercar I can still put the family in it to go cruising. The trunk is large and the interior volume/space is perfect for 4 persons. If you're looking for the ultimate car, look no more... the M3 is it!

Car for all moods
By Kojjan on 01/20/09 01:46 AM (PST)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

In terms of driving enjoyment this is the best car I have had. Wanted to point out the how nice it is to be able to switch from automatic mode when you feel like just cruising, to using the hand pedals when you feel like driving hard. Regardless of your mood you get best possible experience. In both situations the car handles great, and is fun. Having a cab that adds an additional dimension. So the new M3 Cab is the best possible combination of fun, diversity and quality of driving I have ever seen.

Elegant Supercar
By jwalker-Ohio on 01/09/09 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Drove a 2009 Porsche 911 with A/M before I drove the M3 6spd. The 911 didn't impress me. The M3 blew me away. Got it will all the options and brushed aluminum. It is very comfortable. Takes a little time to get used to shifting the manual. You can tell a major difference from M mode and regular mode. Fuel economy is almost the same in both so I usually just leave it in M. In M it is a rocket, in regular my 4-runner accelerates faster. Icontrol is easy to use and they seem to have thought of everything and put it in the right place.

new m3 convertible
By BOZO on 01/05/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just brought my new 2008 m3 cab home. Traded a 2008 P 911S cab. The M3 is faster and tighter with 19s and M drive. I am really juiced. Have had a 2007 P911 turbo, a bmw 645, and another P911S cab in the last 4 years, but this seems to hold its own with the turbo and beat the rest. More comfortable the the Porsche with incredible handling. M3 has satellite radio, something Porsche did not offer until 2009 and then at a very steep option price. And my insurance went down to boot!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.