no comparison
By dtm3 on
2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
After driving everything from an audi S4 to a porsche 911, this car has it all and makes few compromises. From a handling perspective, it is truly sporting asking the most from its driver, not unlike a 911. It is everyday livable with out smacking of too practical like the S4. My only complaint is the lack of satellite radio with NAV. The motor is incedibly willing and feels like it is made for the chassis, instead of the other way around. I am still under 1200 miles so I have only let it rip once or twice, but what a thrill. I have forgotten about my dream to sometime buy a new 911, if you are a sportscar enthusiast with a family, this might do it for you. Worth every penny!
Favorite Features
Carbon black paint, (very blue) tons of compliments. Lighted M on shift knob, attention to detail, seats, effortless shifter. Engine growl,doesn't sound fake. Ability to drive everyday. M Steering wheel thickness. Car is very cool.
Suggested Improvements
I know this is the last year for the E46 M3, and that's partly why i bought it, everything with it has been perfected except the lack of Satellite radio with NAV. But this car is not about the options list, its about the handling. If the new M3 wants to better, it better keep the feel.