Expensive Toy
By m3driver on
2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
This is the year I decided to finally take the leap and buy an M3. I have longed for one of these for quite some time. I was prompted by the fact that BMW will soon be straying from its time honored tradition of squeezing the most out of its venerable in-line 6 and replacing it, in the M3, with a larger V-8. So far the decision comes with no regrets. This is a beautifully crafted, subtly understated performance car. It eases the embarassment of succumbing to middle age malaise, conventionally known as the mid-life crisis.
Favorite Features
The acceleration and handling are superb. Seats are likewise excellent-- lots of support and very comfortable. Instrumentation is well organized and properly located. The external styling is classic BMW with just enough edge to make its appearance something special
Suggested Improvements
The seat belt set up is ridiculous. How a company that pays as much attention to detail as BMW does could think that this would be acceptable is beyond me. I wouldn't want to ride in the back seat for very long either.